Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Cv Boot?

Old 09-30-2005, 06:29 AM
sohcef9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cv Boot?

How hard is cv boot replacement and is it worth doing or is it better and cheaper to get new axles... and what is the easiest way of going about this replacement...as in are there any tricks to get it off as quickly as possible?
Old 10-01-2005, 12:45 AM
castroltran

if the axles are not damage...then just get some new boots.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:10 PM
booner

I hear that it's easier to just buy the new axels, but it will cost a little more though. If your on a tight budget go for doing just the boots, otherwise it is probably better to go with the axels. I did just the inner boot with relatively minor problems. The clamps were the worst part, but you would still have to deal with those if do the entire axels as well. There is a special tool for them that I did not know about that I would recommend, I dont know what its called though. You probably could have/should have put this in the car forums, this section is for DIY's, like if you were showing us how to do cv boots then you would put it here, and there's more responses there as well. Good luck!
Old 10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
sohcef9

o ok...my fault...i totaly forgot about that forum..but thanx any way