Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Oil/Water Temp & Air/Fuel Gauges INSTALLATION

Old 09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
jack1526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil/Water Temp & Air/Fuel Gauges INSTALLATION

I recently bought a couple of gauges for my 98 Integra and having a little trouble figuring out how to install them.
Oil TEMP Gauge
From what I see the oil temp gauge has four wires coming out of it.
Black: is to be engine ground (where???)
Red & Orange: I think are suppose to be connected to the iginition somehow
Green: is to be connected to the sensor
Also, The sensor has two wires coming out the top of it, one I think is suppose to be connected to the green wire from the gauge and the other is be grounded but where?? Also where do I put the temp sensor???
Water TEMP Gauge
Everythings pretty much the same, four wires go to the same places, but where do I place the sensor??
Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Same thing, black to be grounded, but where??? Red and Orange to be connected to the iginition somehow?? and Green is to the 02 sensor. But which sensor the one on the cat-converter or my headers and which wire on the 02 is the signal and which is the ground.
So, if anyone who has installed their own gauges can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 05:23 AM
m735is

Ground is any ground point to the chassis.

Oil temp:Usually the sensor is an oil drain plug replacement.

Water temp: You could either remove the gauge sensor(if not connected with the ECU??) or get an adapter to fit both.

Air/fuel: Have a bung installed in your exhaust somewhere by a muffler shop, the sensor plugs into that, like an O2 sensor. You need the O2 sensor for the ECU though.

As for the orange and red: one should be constant on power and one should accessory with the key power.
Don't the instructions have any diagrams-I know you probably don't have any instructions? Maybe try the manufacturer of the gauges to get specifics for your car??
Old 09-29-2005, 04:32 PM
lkailburn
college kid

just connect the narrow band af gauge to your primary o2 sensor

i made a writeup on installing a boost and af gauge. search for that its here in the DIY section