Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

leaking from sunroof

Old 09-05-2005, 05:33 AM
gtoryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking from sunroof

can someone help me with with a leak problem that i have on my 90 acura legend i cleaned the two front water ports but it still does not dran can someone tell me if there are other dran ports to the rear of the sunroof because i just cant seem to find them thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
whistful

I think the best way to check is to look up in the manuf. service manual, it will tell you the drain locations. I had a similiar case where there was excessive rust in the sunroof drain rails. I did a little research and poking and found that the drain tubes were clogged/pinched. Once you know where your drain tubes drop the water onto the pavement you can trace the tubes back to the roof from the side quarter panels and find the clog. I opened my sunroof and VERY carefully! used an indoor plant watering can and filled the Prelude's sunroof's drain gutters(MAKE , watched which corner tube drained(look for spill on pavement) and worked on the clogged ones.

I have a 1997 Prelude and it's power sunroof has 4 drain points, one on each corner. I had both rear and front right drain tubes clogged. The rear with dirt and the front right was clogged/clamped because the body repair shop did not route the hose properly and ending up clamping the hose. But now all are clean and clear. What a difference!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
whistful

I think the best way to check is to look up in the manuf. service manual, it will tell you the drain locations. I had a similiar case where there was excessive rust in the sunroof drain rails. I did a little research and poking and found that the drain tubes were clogged/pinched. Once you know where your drain tubes drop the water onto the pavement you can trace the tubes back to the roof from the side quarter panels and find the clog. I opened my sunroof and VERY carefully! used an indoor plant watering can and filled the Prelude's sunroof's drain gutters(MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVER FILL THE GUTTERS AS YOUR WATER WILL BE INSIDE YOUR CAR THEN, AND I AM TELLING YOU NOW THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS, THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT). Watch which corner tube drains(look for spill on pavement) and work on the clogged ones.

I also had to remove my turnk panels to gain access to the rear drain tubes. My front right tube I was able to access from under the front passenger panel. Your car might have different access points. Use your own judgement and service manual for this.

Hopes this helps.

I have a 1997 Prelude and it's power sunroof has 4 drain points, one on each corner. I had both rear and front right drain tubes clogged. The rear with dirt and the front right was clogged/clamped because the body repair shop did not route the hose properly and ending up clamping the hose. But now all are clean and clear. What a difference!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 PM
speedracer400

hey bud i had a 91 hatch that had that prob only when rained hard or pow washed if it leaks on backside of the sunroof take off back bumper the drain tudes have orrifice filters on the ends which are basically one-way valves that over time get clogged with trash and dirt completely remove them and you shouldnt have anymore troubles. they just pull out of the drain hose,if the leak is to frt of sunroof i'm not sure mine only leaked to rear.