Notices

About to by my new motor..

Old 05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to buy my new motor..

My friend told me he would sell me a LS for 500 dollars... Anyone have any info about this motor? I have always researched B16s and D16s and stuff but never really heard alot about this motor.. Is it a good motor for racing or atleast for hauling ass.. He told me it is... just let me know please cuz i might be gettin it tonight if its good.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
nick32

id rather have a b18b(ls) over a d16 for sure..

prob over a b16 2, just for the fact that its more torqy.....

what do u have now? if you have something with a d series motor, you cant just buy the ls from him, thats a b series...nothing with match up...ie tranny..etc.

do some research on the site....its posted here every day....

hope i helped
nick
Old 05-04-2005, 03:12 PM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

Ok then what will i need to get for it to fit?? All he told me I need to get is a tranny and mounts but is there anything else I need to get?? By the way its going into a 94 civic DX... My engine was recently hydro-locked and I need a new one.. Also does anyone have a estimate of a price on a Tranny and mounts for a LS into a Civic.. Also wat is the engine code for the LS???
Old 05-04-2005, 03:26 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoshiCivic
Ok then what will i need to get for it to fit?? All he told me I need to get is a tranny and mounts but is there anything else I need to get?? By the way its going into a 94 civic DX... My engine was recently hydro-locked and I need a new one.. Also does anyone have a estimate of a price on a Tranny and mounts for a LS into a Civic.. Also wat is the engine code for the LS???
find HASPORT mounts for the swap, that engine has a good ammount of power and is probably the most boosted B out there.

have a compression test on the engine and see if it comes out good, if so i'd go along with buying that and possibly turboing it.

it's called the b18b or LS engine though it also came in alot of other integra models such as the RS and is somtimes (though rarely) refered to by though letters aswell.

i would say it's going to cost just as much if not more for the the engine mounts than for the engine itself, but it is well worth it, i've seen too many engines bust off the mounts cause they were cheap (a friend of a friend's b18c5 civic HB comes to mind.. outch)
Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

Cool cool, yeah I found some nice 92-95 Civic B series mounts for cable transmission for 200 bucks, brand new... So if I am going to put a hydro tranny in I have to buy mounts for hydro tranny... Cant seem to find any of them for less than 300 bucks... Also what kind of tranny should I look for? A friend told me that any B series tranny will work on the B18 block but is that true..
Old 05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you can use any b series hydro tranny. b16/itr being the shortest geared, gsr coming in next, and the ls being the longest.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Yeh, I'm pretty sure. Search this stuff, there's some pretty useful threads.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
nick32

i think u need more than just mounts n tranny,,,, things like ecu and all wireing for the new motor, and everything that fits on the new motor if he doenst include the,,,intake mani exhaust mani distributor alternator...ect.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he has a DX he can just use the DX engine harness if im not mistaken.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

But like stated above he's gonna need a new ECU...and to be safe id replace my axles as well.