Notices

95 civic fog light question, clock not dimming

Old 05-01-2005, 03:41 PM
95civiclx
HMT b7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic fog light question, clock not dimming

I recently purchased OEM style fog lights off ebay. The instructions that came with it were for a 1992 civic (i have a 1995), so i had to figure everything out myself, the instructions did not match with the parts that came in the box. I got them working finally after 8 hours of cutting, and trouble shooting. Then all of a sudden after 1 day, they dont work. Nothing in the fog light system works, not the illuminated button, no lights. My headlights still work, and the only other problem that i noticed was that now when i turn the headlights on, my clock and climate control doesnt dim at all. What could this be? poor grounding? a blown fuse somewhere? a pinched wire? I have checked everything that i could think of, but nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

check the wiring, could of shorted something. check ur grounds as well. i got the same set off ebay, depot brand, took me 2 hours to put em in, instructions were very straight forward. but yeah go back and check ur wiring.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:37 PM
95civiclx
HMT b7

it was pointed out to me that my rear lights werent working. the brake lights worked, but not other ones. Also my license plate lights were out, and the dashboard lights. Turns out theres a 10 A fuse for all of that that i missed. I replaced it and everything works. How the fog lights are tied into that fuse, i dont know. They have their own fuse. But they are fixed now. If that fuse keeps blowing, is it ok just to replace it with one with a higher rating?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
95civiclx
HMT b7

it blew again, i realized that i had one power wire from the left side, connected to the power wire from the right side, and it was shorting. I connected the passenger side power wire to the positive battery terminal, and everything has worked great. If anyone has trouble installing ebay fog lights on their 5th generation civic, let me know, i could probably help you out.