Notices

Eibach or Tein

Old 04-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach or Tein

I am looking for new performace springs that will give me better handling, and a smoother ride without lowering too much. Should I go with Eibach Pro Kit or Tein HTech springs?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:34 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Heard pretty good comments on both. I have the tein s techs and love em. Handling is awesome, drop is perfect.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:15 PM
SmartySarty

get the tiens............. get the coilover kit........ the tiens SuperStreet, the dampining force has 16 adjustments and its really easy its at the top of the shock you just turn this lil thing and it clicks for 16 different dampining forces. the coil overs are simple to adjust too, all you gotta do is take off the wheel and use the wrenches it comes with. If you get the additional pillow mount you dont need a camber kit, and if you call or have a shop call they will set up the whole kit to the drop you want soo all you have to do is pull out the old one and slide that in and bolt it down........... if you got the all preset it would only take you a few minutes to install.

TIENS are by far the best investment I made.......
Old 04-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Yeah, I think I will go with the Tein's, but I'm only getting the springs for now. I've heard of the click ones, those sound pretty cool - I'd like to try those out.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
SmartySarty

do things once and right ............ Save alot of money and time
Old 05-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Unkn0vv17

Originally Posted by Bricks2k4civic
I am looking for new performace springs that will give me better handling, and a smoother ride without lowering too much. Should I go with Eibach Pro Kit or Tein HTech springs?

lol...i was actually gonna ask that question. Looking to buy a new set of springs, cause the Eibach Sportline give me too low of a drop, but great springs though. I keep scratching the exhaust pipe underneath. Does anyone have a picture of a Civic with Tein H Tech springs? Wanna see how much low of a drop it is?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:18 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally Posted by SmartySarty
get the tiens............. get the coilover kit........ the tiens SuperStreet, the dampining force has 16 adjustments and its really easy its at the top of the shock you just turn this lil thing and it clicks for 16 different dampining forces. the coil overs are simple to adjust too, all you gotta do is take off the wheel and use the wrenches it comes with. If you get the additional pillow mount you dont need a camber kit, and if you call or have a shop call they will set up the whole kit to the drop you want soo all you have to do is pull out the old one and slide that in and bolt it down........... if you got the all preset it would only take you a few minutes to install.

TIENS are by far the best investment I made.......

depending on which model civic, not every setup has the adjustable pillowball mounts. as for getting the coilover kit, he won't need the Super Street kit. Unless he does HPDE or track events, the coilovers are overkill.

If you want a good street setup, go with a good set of springs and shocks. Coilvers with adjustable dampening and height are a great investment if you plan to track the car. With the coilovers other factors such as corner weighing come into play for optimal performance.

Tein HTech and Eibach Pro Kit are good springs. Match them up with some KYB AGX or Koni Sport Shocks and you'll have a very decent suspension setup.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:53 PM
PH1
ilikebigbuttsnicannotlie!

i have tein s tech's on my ride .. not bad .. no complaints so far ... i got the teg app. for my EL though .. so to me..itz a lil high .. but other then that .. i don't c nethin wrong with em ..
Old 05-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Originally Posted by PH1
i have tein s tech's on my ride .. not bad .. no complaints so far ... i got the teg app. for my EL though .. so to me..itz a lil high .. but other then that .. i don't c nethin wrong with em ..
Just ordered those yesterday. Chose the S over the H because they sounded more what I was looking for. My only concern is the drop....my car is already scraping, so I don't want to go more than .75-1inch.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Unkn0vv17

Don't the S tech gives more of a drop than the H tech? The S Tech aproximately 1.5 drop and H Tech 1.2 drop?