Notices

Muffler Silencer question??

Old 04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
gordis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Silencer question??

I put back on my silencer on the Greddy muffler (tickets) and I was wondering if I am losing any power by putting it on??

Also how much power would these bolt ons add on a 94 Sol Vtec- Cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, muffler

thanks....
Old 04-28-2005, 08:39 PM
danteisme

Originally Posted by gordis

Also how much power would these bolt ons add on a 94 Sol Vtec- Cold air intake, header, high flow cat, muffler
fixed....

the horsepower you gain from all that may not be as much as you think
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
meunit910

not the thread jack but i have a 98 civic ex coupe with 2 1/2 inch custom piping going to a performance exhaust. Now i know since i got big piping that i dont gain as much torque but if i was to put the silencer on would it increase the torque and lower the hp since i would get more back pressue or have no effect at all.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by gordis
I put back on my silencer on the Greddy muffler (tickets) and I was wondering if I am losing any power by putting it on??

Also how much power would these bolt ons add on a 94 Sol Vtec- Cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, muffler

thanks....
You are losing a little flow, so there may be a slight decrease in power. It probably isn't noticable since the exhaust doesn't do much in the first place.

Why don't you get a full catback system that is quiet and stock looking instead of a rice muffler? It would go better with your setup since the piping is what is restricting flow, not really the muffler.

On a side note, I didn't know you could put headers on an inline 4 cylinder because I only have one header. :thinking: