Notices

Check Engine Light

Old 04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
ExiledinIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

When you turn the key all the way before the car can start, does the check engine light stay on? Or even light up? I only have 3 lights that stay on the top side oil, battery, and something else, can't remember. This is out of a 93 Civic EX. I'm checking to see if my CEL is working.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:22 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

the check engine light should come on for about 3-5 seconds and then shut off
Old 04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
ExiledinIN

hmmmm... Any idea what I should check as it does not come on. I guess first thing is whether the bulb is out, but are there other things to check?

Also, I cannot seem to locate the connector to plug the connector to check the codes. I know it's on the right side behind the glove box. Anyone has a pic of the location?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:31 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...p?ArticleID=34
thats for an integra but gives you a pic of what it looks like it should be located where your ECU is. As for the Check engine light check if the bulb was taking out. Who was the previous owner?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
ExiledinIN

Don't really know the previous owner. Hmm, ok, looks like it is similar to the Prelude one as well.

I guess I can pull the gauge pod out and check the bulb. Is the SRS light bulb the same? I would assume so.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:18 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by ExiledinIN
Don't really know the previous owner. Hmm, ok, looks like it is similar to the Prelude one as well.

I guess I can pull the gauge pod out and check the bulb. Is the SRS light bulb the same? I would assume so.

im not sure, but on fifth gens the SRS bulb is enclosed to prevent removal unlike the other bulbs.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
ExiledinIN

Burnt bulb. Since I removed the cruise control system from the car, I took the cruise control bulb and moved it over to the check engine light. Everything works now!

As for the plug, found it. Wasn't looking for the green thing before and I had tucked it up in the dash when I swapped a black dash into the car.