Notices

Need help with horn PLEASE!!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 01:11 PM
meunit910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with horn PLEASE!!!!

Hey my horn stopped working for awhile and then on day it worked and now it doesnt work any more. SO i went ot the junk yard and purchase a horn and came home and took my bumper of and noticed that my stock horn only has one wire (red/blue) and the new horn had to wires. What ever the case may be i connected the red/blue wires with each other and when i press the horn button it still doesn't work. But i hear this little clicking noise down by the fuse box up under the steering wheel. Can someon please help me ASAP because the bumper is off my car right now and i want to get this done before the sun goes down. Why isnt the horn working and where is that clicking noise coming from. I though the fuse for the horn was in the engine bay. I have a 98 civic ex. WHat should i do?

Oh and i searched like hell and couldnt find nothing.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:16 PM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

Please use the search button and the FSM
Stickys
Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally Posted by meunit910
Hey my horn stopped working for awhile and then on day it worked and now it doesnt work any more. SO i went ot the junk yard and purchase a horn and came home and took my bumper of and noticed that my stock horn only has one wire (red/blue) and the new horn had to wires. What ever the case may be i connected the red/blue wires with each other and when i press the horn button it still doesn't work. But i hear this little clicking noise down by the fuse box up under the steering wheel. Can someon please help me ASAP because the bumper is off my car right now and i want to get this done before the sun goes down. Why isnt the horn working and where is that clicking noise coming from. I though the fuse for the horn was in the engine bay. I have a 98 civic ex. WHat should i do?

Oh and i searched like hell and couldnt find nothing.

check your fuses. if the fuses are ok, check the ground wire.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 PM
meunit910

Ok i fixed it. SOmeone can close this post now. :closed:
Old 04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Bricks2k4civic

The one wire is the + the bolt holding it to the frame is the ground. your horn should not be polarity sensitive, so attach one to the frame and one to the single wire.