Notices

Question about city lights???

Old 04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about city lights???

I am about to order a set of CTR's for my 99 Civic and I was wondering what kind of socket do I need? Are they the same as the ones for the sidemarkers?

Is this all I need: http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...For=&PT_ID=253
Old 04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Yeah, that is all you will need...plus two bulbs.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rear license plate sockets (in the trunk/hatch) are the same size...or you can use prelude city light sockets...or s2000 sidemarker sockets = theyre all the same (theyre $6 new at HAP)

I dont see the point in buying it from password, since theyre good at raping for shipping and you dont need a harness, because the factory harness for the headlights wont have a plug end for you anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by PDiggityDogg
the rear license plate sockets (in the trunk/hatch) are the same size...or you can use prelude city light sockets...or s2000 sidemarker sockets = theyre all the same (theyre $6 new at HAP)

I dont see the point in buying it from password, since theyre good at raping for shipping and you dont need a harness, because the factory harness for the headlights wont have a plug end for you anyway.
I know that it wont have a plug end, I was going to tap into the factory harness.

What exactly do I need to tap into to make them work?

Is there anyway I can hook the city light up so that is the only thing that lights up? would they still stay on when I turned my corner lights on?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

If you only want the city light to turn on, and only have the corners for signaling, cut the red wire for the corner lights and wire that directly to the city light (ground the other one of course)
If you wanted both corner and city on you would just tap the red.

NOT THE GREEN
Old 04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
dawrenn

If you only want the city light to turn on, and only have the corners for signaling, cut the red wire for the corner lights and wire that directly to the city light (ground the other one of course)
If you wanted both corner and city on you would just tap the red.

NOT THE GREEN
When you say ground the other one of course are you talking about the other half of the red wire?

So if I wanted the city light and corner lights on I would just tap it into the red? I would not have to ground it or anything?

Which way would you recommend?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:46 PM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Yeah, that is all you will need...plus two bulbs.
No its not, I just figured out that thats just the wiring harness. Will non OEM sidemarker sockets be fine?

Old 04-25-2005, 06:07 PM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

yes, theyre all the same
The socket has 2 connections: power, ground (like all single filament bulbs)
Take the corner light's red wire, cut it and put a female spade connector on it, connect that to one of the sockets tabs.
With the other tab connect another female connector and tap that wire into the black wire for the corner (this is ground).
If you want to shell out for the harness, by all means, but this is cheaper and works just as well. I just suggest you wrap the socket/connectors with enough e- tape to keep water out.

(oh and I really suggest amber bulbs...they look great as city lights)
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
dawrenn

yes, theyre all the same
The socket has 2 connections: power, ground (like all single filament bulbs)
Take the corner light's red wire, cut it and put a female spade connector on it, connect that to one of the sockets tabs.
With the other tab connect another female connector and tap that wire into the black wire for the corner (this is ground).
If you want to shell out for the harness, by all means, but this is cheaper and works just as well. I just suggest you wrap the socket/connectors with enough e- tape to keep water out.

(oh and I really suggest amber bulbs...they look great as city lights)

What would I do if I got the wiring harness? Would I do the same thing mention above? Cut the corner light's red wire in half and connect one part of the red wire from the wiring harness to the corner light's wire and connect the the black wire from the wiring harnes the the other part of the red corner light wire? Or would I just splice the red wire to the red wire and the black wire to the black wire? That would make just the city light, light up. Right?

What would I do if I wanted the corner lights and city lights to light up?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:10 AM
dawrenn

I am planning on just buying prelude sockets and the prelude quick release clips:

I was wondering what gauge wire I am goiing to need and how to put the wire in the quick release clips?