Notices

Korbach Frame Locks review–New EG Civic Beta Tester # 3

Old 04-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Korbach Frame Locks review–New EG Civic Beta Tester # 3

i was very lucky enough to be a beta tester for korbach frame locks and let me tell what it did for my ride:
1993 Civici Si hatchback
Suspension setup:

-integra rate skunk2 coilovers
-koni yellow shocks
-skunk2 ft camber kit set at -1
-srr rr camber kit set at -1
-gsr ft stock tower bar
-stock si front sway bar
-skunk2 rr trunk bar
-skunk2 rr lower tie bar
-c pillar bar
-srr lca
-es poly suspension kit

Quality & Install:

the construction on these units are excellent, all laser cut and made to fit exactly. comes with all the necessary hardware to help you put these on effortlessly. i watched as one of korbach techs put it on my car, and which by the way he did an excellent job and it looked very easy to put on, with templates to help guide you to drill the appropiate holes. korbach couldnt make it any easier. only flaw i see was my foglights were in the way of the frame locks, so i had to cut bout 2 inches off the foglight bracket to clear the locks. didnt even hurt the foglights bracket by cuttin that piece off. after that it fit perfectly.

Effects:

after it was put on, it was left loose on the car, meaning all the bolts werent tighten down, i went for a test drive, of course, i know how my car feels like, they made me drive over bumps and do a series of S turns, of course it understeer in the turns with a bit of lag. its your typical fwd responses especially in a civic.

we drove back to the garage, the tech tighten up the bolts and i took it out again, immediately upon first impression going over a sewer drainage, the front end felt weird, it felt rigid. more solid feel. thinking its in my head, i drove over a street neglected by repairs, the rear of my car was vibrating more then the front,. the front seem very solid and took the bumps like nothing, made it smoother if you can understand what im tryin to say.

the S turns is what really impressed me because immediately the car dive into the turns without hestitation. very very responsive. reduces the understeer goin into the turn. hopeing its not the placebo effect, i went a bit faster with it, and same results, there is no lag jumping into the turns and the car responded very well. i was very impressed.

later in the week, i took a couple on ramps i normally go on, i can pull the on and off ramps much faster before. busting a u turn is insane at 25mph i know its not in my head because the car really did feel different. i let my buddy drove my car, since he drove it before and he knew it was different, same answer i said, soild, rigid, and prone to be more neutral, imagine the madness if i had a rear anti sway bar. :rick:

pricing:

whatever the pricing is on these small magical locks is very well worth the asking price. i recieved these for free for being a beta tester and to post this review for you guys read up on. if you 5g civics owner are really interested email korbach in mention of this review to see what they can do for you.

overall:

i love the frame locks. for such a little piece of metal that can do so much. it truly made me a believer. i have read and research about these months back and decideded to sign to be beta tester. i am very happy to be selected and got to tried this awesome product out.

currenty they are looking for more testers in the bay area for the 90-93 integras, 94-97 del sols and 01-05 civics. in most cases you will recieve the frame locks for free and have car photographed to be in the instruction manual, like mines is gonna be. please if you have the cars above mention give them a email at manager@korbachperformance.com

the crew at korbach are such great ppl, very professional and friendly. they bought me lunch. very professional crew. i would like to thank everyone at korbach performance, you guys know who you are.

for those who dont know korbach, heres is their website to help further you in your research of their awesome product. :thumbup: http://www.korbachperformance.com

i thank you guys for reading, your welcome if this review help, sorry if i wasted your time posting this. you can read and look at pictures all day but until you tried it, you guys are missing out. you guys r more than welcome to test drive my car at the next han meet.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Awesome bro, I've heard a lot of good things about the frame locks as well .

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea how they would fit (if at all) with a fmic? If your fogs hit, it worrys me. :happysad:

Great writeup man! :goodjob:
Old 04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

i will take pics for u, to the best of my knowledge it shouldnt interfear with fmic piping cuz it sits upclose to the rad support.

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
Any idea how they would fit (if at all) with a fmic? If your fogs hit, it worrys me. :happysad:

Great writeup man! :goodjob:
Old 04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

They are cool and all, but don't they destroy the engineering behind the way the car is supposed to react in a collision?
Old 04-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

they design it with that in mind as well so the lock has stress points, meaning if you were to get into a frontal collision, it would crumple back. they have look every varible into before making these. i ask the very same question as well. one flaw was what i mention is my foglight bracket had to be modify.

Originally Posted by alphaxxn
They are cool and all, but don't they destroy the engineering behind the way the car is supposed to react in a collision?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by Outxider
they design it with that in mind as well so the lock has stress points, meaning if you were to get into a frontal collision, it would crumple back. they have look every varible into before making these. i ask the very same question as well. one flaw was what i mention is my foglight bracket had to be modify.
Well, it is nice to see how they did just about every variable in designing it. I wasn't asking for me, as my car is pretty much a death trap, but it was a theory I had heard before and wanted clarification.

I just can't see how it would be an easy thing to design without hours of collision testing and collaboration with Honda, but I have been wrong before

Sound's like a good problem, i'll definetly be interested -- any diff between the coupe and HB ones, or do they only have HB's?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
CPL

Was'nt there a groupbuy for these things?? Has it ended???
Old 04-21-2005, 09:37 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Yes, I tried a group buy but only got one other person.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

up and atom.