Notices

Help!!!! Is my hood ugly

Old 04-21-2005, 06:06 AM
meunit910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!! Is my hood ugly

My friend told me that my car was falling off the map and one of the reasons why is because he thinks my hood is ugly . I dunno i have gotten a ot of comments about the hood and i notice that my friend likes to go for more of a cleaner stock look then me but i just would like to get some more opinions. below are pics of my soon to be boosted civic with a carbon fiber hood and scoop.

If you want to see more pics then go here
Cardomain Page

Please give me your honest opinions....
Old 04-21-2005, 06:09 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

i'm not a fan of the hood or the headlights
Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 AM
meunit910

Yeah i really plan on changing the headlights once i get the chance...But right now im just trying to complete this turbo set up and save up enough to get it tuned once i can put it in. But yeah the headlights will get changed, my next move for the exterior will be to change the hood..maybe to a stock carbon fiber hood without a scoop.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i like it, everyone has their own opinion. Don't change your car because of someone elses opinion. Drive it the way u want to drive it & make it look the way u want it to look. Not everyone likes the same stuff.

In general, people here like to stick with the stock body, personaly. i think it's way to plain for me, thats why mine is painted the way that it is.

Be your self.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:23 AM
dpkelly
1999 Civic Driver

I think it looks cool. It kind of looks like the one used by other compact manufacturers like Mazda. But that's even more cool, 'cause if you can make your car look new with the hood and headlights, it just goes to show how far behind Mazda & company really are. The rear end of my '92 civic looks almost identical to Mazda's compact hatch rear-end. You see? Everybody wants to copy Honda. To me, your hood and headlights make a statement that even though you drive an older car, Mazda & company have old designs on their newer cars. It makes others think, hmmm I could've bought a Honda....
Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 AM
meunit910

Originally Posted by dpkelly
I think it looks cool. It kind of looks like the one used by other compact manufacturers like Mazda. But that's even more cool, 'cause if you can make your car look new with the hood and headlights, it just goes to show how far behind Mazda & company really are. The rear end of my '92 civic looks almost identical to Mazda's compact hatch rear-end. You see? Everybody wants to copy Honda. To me, your hood and headlights make a statement that even though you drive an older car, Mazda & company have old designs on their newer cars. It makes others think, hmmm I could've bought a Honda....

Thanx, i never looked at it that way ...WHat your saying does make plenty of since though.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:32 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

does water get in your engine bay with those vents?
i'd worry about getting a nice manifold and having water hit it and possibly cracking it
Old 04-21-2005, 06:34 AM
meunit910

Originally Posted by Running925
i like it, everyone has their own opinion. Don't change your car because of someone elses opinion. Drive it the way u want to drive it & make it look the way u want it to look. Not everyone likes the same stuff.

In general, people here like to stick with the stock body, personaly. i think it's way to plain for me, thats why mine is painted the way that it is.

Be your self.

1) Your absolutley right i should just make the car the way i want and not base it on other peoples opinions and i personally like that hood so it stays.
2) Your Car is NICE AS H*LL. Thats a really nice civic
3) I think the stock body if way to plain for me too and i will leave that up to the jdm freaks. If everyone kept the stock body look then there would be no individuality amongst us honda owners.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:36 AM
dpkelly
1999 Civic Driver

Honda is so far ahead of the competition. Everyone has a suprised look on their face after I tell them mine is '92. I'm sure you get the same or more since you've upgraded the looks of your Honda. (I haven't).
Old 04-21-2005, 06:36 AM
meunit910

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
does water get in your engine bay with those vents?
i'd worry about getting a nice manifold and having water hit it and possibly cracking it
THe water does get into my engine bay with the vents but ti doesn go near my manifold. Mainly it just barely hits my header ( stainless steel) and maybe that adds to the rainbow effect which is on my headers.