Notices

Lucky 13 Strikes Again, Car Wont Move

Old 04-20-2005, 09:08 PM
The_Reverend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucky 13 Strikes Again, Car Wont Move

The rebuild project of this 94 Honda Del Sol Has Been Quite Entertaining: Today on my way to Tokyo Speed Pros in Gilbert, I was crusing at a mere 20mph, cause my reason for going is because I needed hood pins and I had my hood tied down and didnt want to risk it flying up and breaking my windshield (again)

Anyways, I was slowing down for a red light and POP, not a loud pop but a noticeable short noise, and my car just wouldnt go. I can shift perfectly fine, into every gear, I even get a slight grind noise if my rpm is high enough to mildly grind the reverse, however without fail, the car will not move. I noticed a vast ammount of coolant being leaked from somewhere which I have not yet determined from. However I cant see how a coolant leak could be related to this issue, and I think its just another problem I gottta fix somewhere else.

Anyways. A friend said that possibly my axles arent pluged in right, that if either one is out then both will not operate. The car did kinda come to a mild HALT at the sound of the pop, so this makes me wonder.

I also noticed that the car was majorly shifting left to right and was very hard to control and annoying even at low speeds, also a axle issue?

Any ideas or sudgestions are helpful, even if your not sure, it wouldnt hurt for me to check it out anyways. Again thanks.

The Reverend
Old 04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by The_Reverend

Any ideas or sudgestions are helpful, even if your not sure, it wouldnt hurt for me to check it out anyways. Again thanks.

The Reverend
check your axles...
Old 04-21-2005, 05:36 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
check your axles...
I agree. I had this happen on a car I was working on and it wouldn't move either.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

sounds like when u put the axles in.. u just pushed them in & they never clicked into place.. sometimes u really have to put some muscle behind them.. u'll kno when they pop all the way in there!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Pull the axles and I'll bet you'll find the very end piece, after the snap ring, is destroyed on one side. I don't know what engine/tranny you have but with an open LSD, all the powers getting dumped to the side that isn't connected to a wheel anymore. I was helping with a guys D16Z6 swap one time and that happened to him and I've heard of it on the forums a few times too. I don't know if you can just replace the axle and make sure it's seated or if it actually does damage to differential inside, hopefully not. Good luck with it.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.