Notices

Uneven brake wear?

Old 03-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uneven brake wear?

When I brake from about 60 (35mph) to a full stop my car seems to pull to the right, seems to do it more so right before I am about to stop completely. Could this mean my left side brakes are out? or something else?

Last edited by Schwa; 03-08-2005 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-09-2005, 05:45 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It means you have to take a good look at your brakes to figure out what's wrong.

If one side drags, it stays really hot so the OTHER side grabs better. That might be from seized caliper slide pins, or maybe the pads are wedged too tight in the caliper bracket?

It might even be suspension alignment??
Old 03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Damn I don't know how to do any of that. Guess I'll get them to take a look when I do my oil change. It just started happening though so I thought it might be something more gradual.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by JimBlake
It means you have to take a good look at your brakes to figure out what's wrong.

If one side drags, it stays really hot so the OTHER side grabs better. That might be from seized caliper slide pins, or maybe the pads are wedged too tight in the caliper bracket?

It might even be suspension alignment??
Maybe a rotor warped bad enough to catch the pad on each rotation, causing it to heat up and be less effective.