Notices

G2 climate control temp. knob won't work

Old 03-04-2005, 08:48 PM
dwillms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 climate control temp. knob won't work

Hello,

The temperature knob on my '90 Integra has been getting harder to turn all the time, and today it decided to break on me. It seems like the cable snapped or came loose, because the knob turns freely and makes no temperature changes.

I have already removed the instrument bezel, now I would like to remove the entire climate control unit with the fan speed/temp. control units as well to fix the problem. I also want to re-solder the connections on my push-button climate control while I have it out, since it is a very common problem on Integra's.

What is the easiest way to remove the climate control from the dash? The Helm's says to remove the radio and the entire middle console, not sure I want to do that if I don't have to.

Thanks again,
-Dustin
Old 03-05-2005, 06:54 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i cant remember how i did it with my parts cars but if you need a new piece, PM me i have one for ya. but get at it fast cuz i leave town on wed nite
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM
dwillms

Regardless if I have a new climate control or not, I need to know how to take the old one out. The temp dial/knob turns normally, but very easily, so obviously it has become disconnected or broken from the cables it connects to.

Can anybody give me a little help on this?

Thanks,
-Dustin