Notices

99 GSR-T PROBLEMS! Here are some Codes Its throwing

Old 03-01-2005, 11:22 AM
SilverCel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 GSR-T PROBLEMS! Here are some Codes Its throwing

manifold absolute pressure \ Barometric Pressure Curcuit High Imput

What is that mean?

The car has been running like crap my buddy says and he checked the codes today, and thats what it threw.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:52 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

What is a GSR-T?
If you have a BARO code on a newer Honda you need an ECU.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
SilverCel

Its a 99 GSR that's been turbo'd w/ the cybernation kit.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Have you bypassed the MAP sensor at all? If not, it will throw the code anytime it sees excessive vaccum or above ambient pressure.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
dubcac
I

What kind of fuel/engine management are you running? I'd probably just get a check valve if you are running an FMU setup and stock ECU.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
newgsrdriver

What is your complete setup?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
SilverCel

He has a upgraded fuel pump, skunk 2 intake manifold, RC 440 injectos, a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, just got a new turbonetics turbo w/ garrett housing, fmic, ITR throddle body.

has been running really sluggish lately and blowing smoke. its a new turbo because the oil pressure sender blew off the block and tanked the last turbo. (from the location of being next to the oil filter and having to take it on and off)

runnning 2 year old spark plug wires and 6 month old bosch double platinums. gonna do a tuneup of plugs (copper top NGK) and new wires/distro cap/rotor to see if it'll fix it. noone really knows whats up w/ this. he called the acura service tech and he didnt know what those codes meant.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
dc5s
Designer of HP

Originally Posted by SilverCel
Its a 99 GSR that's been turbo'd w/ the cybernation kit.

Step 1:
I know exactly what is wrong. First, take off your front bumper, there are several small screws and a few pushpins...after that start by removing the FMIC. Once you have that out move around to the intake manifold and remove the intake charge piping. After that remove the charge pipe leading from the turbo to the FMIC. Once the piping has been removed get your hammer out and beat the shit out of anything made by cybernation.

Step 2:
Replace all factory parts. Retune ECU.

Step 3:
Sell "slightly" damaged Cybernoyance Kite on EBAY for 3000$

Step 4:
Begin building the internals

Step 5:
Buy a supercharger and have some fun from a stop.

Just my .02 LOL. No offense, im just a supercharger type person. I hate maintnance. Actually, if he has hondata, plug your laptop in and tweak the maps or base settings. Then change you Map sensor to a 3bar, you should have no problem after that. Good Luck.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:41 PM
dc5s
Designer of HP

Originally Posted by SilverCel
He has a upgraded fuel pump, skunk 2 intake manifold, RC 440 injectos, a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, just got a new turbonetics turbo w/ garrett housing, fmic, ITR throddle body.

has been running really sluggish lately and blowing smoke. its a new turbo because the oil pressure sender blew off the block and tanked the last turbo. (from the location of being next to the oil filter and having to take it on and off)

runnning 2 year old spark plug wires and 6 month old bosch double platinums. gonna do a tuneup of plugs (copper top NGK) and new wires/distro cap/rotor to see if it'll fix it. noone really knows whats up w/ this. he called the acura service tech and he didnt know what those codes meant.
Well in that case , is he sure when the last turbo blew he didnt suck any compressor wheel peices or turbo internals into the motor. He may have a jammed intake plenum, valve, bent valve, or even have mass in the compression chamber. Also a mad tyte autozone tune up is a big "DO IT NOW!"
Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
dubcac
I

The ECU is seeing boost..you need a check valve.