Notices

My overly optimistic plans for summer '05!

Old 02-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My overly optimistic plans for summer '05!

Alright... well, as I said in the title, these are probably overly optimistic plans, unless I get my ass in gear, and land that Computer Tech job I was looking at... Keep in mind all of this/these plans are based off of my mind, which is far from what I'd consider knowledgeable... but I think will make decent first season mods. The numbers I'm tossing are also probably not completely accurate, so any info/corrections/suggestions/etc are appreciated as usual!

Cheaper shaz
¤ Shave Spoiler and fill in holes (like $20 for the bondo?)
- If I can swing it, Type R spoiler instead of fill in maybe?
(is $150 a good or bad deal?)
¤ Delete Rear wiper, and plug it for 50cents.
¤ Delete & replace antenna with S2000 SharkII ($30ish)
¤ Drop the Cruise Control i'll never use (any how-to's?)
- eBay it for like $10?
¤ Clean/Degrease Engine bay
¤ High-Temp Paint to stealth out my stock calipers till I can upgrade
¤ Fix hinge dealy for hatch cover (suggestive part?)

More 'spensive
¤ Motegi Track lite 5 Spokes (Silver or Black? Opinions?)
- Yokohama (?) Rubber
¤ Eibach pro-kit & Koni Yellows
¤ Apexi N1 Dual
¤ AEM V2 (Does wrapping it really make a diff?)
¤ New Clutch (Suggestions?) & Short Shift (Suggestion again?)
¤ Tint Windows

Alright, that's about it... I'm willing to bet it's not all going to happen this summer.. but I prefer to aim high, go big or go home, right?

Any suggestions, input, ideas, etc are appreciated! :kiss:

*edit*
Do they make the N1 Dual for Integra? You'd think so, since they claim it gives better mid/high-range performance with 2 pipes, since that's seemingly what Vtec's all about.... correct me if i'm wrong please.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:41 PM
ED9man
driver

No 4 cylinder needs dual exhaust, period. If I had an s2k I'd get an aftermarket system with a single outlet. It adds weight and probably won't give you any gains, if anything you might loose power. I've heard the N1 is very loud. Look at an RS*R system or something similar, there's a couple other good ones. I'd just leave you stock spolier alone, same with the antenna and rear wiper. The rear wiper is a nice to have thing that helps you see there is no reason to get rid of unless you are building a show car. There's no reason to get rid of the cruise control, it won't save any weight. I'd stay away from a short shifter, as long as your transmission is in good shape, doesn't have much play, and the car is going to be used on the street you really don't need it. It's easier on your syncros and when the transmission does get worn as they tend to do when driven hard, you'll be less likely to miss a shift and overrev, and you'll be less likely to misshift anyways. I've never seen the point of tint and it usually looks like shit when you DIY but that's your preference.

Motegis are shitty heavy flashy wheels. Look at some rotas that are light, tasteful, and similarly priced. Don't bother with a clutch unless yours is worn out.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:42 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

sounds pretty good man! ill give my opinion tho...

as far as the wing goes, i would advise against it. anything that is ebay painted for whatever color you want cant be good. i didnt read the whole thing but i wouldnt get it unless it was an oem honda one. i just bought one actually for my car(thaks again teg92!) and the wing will fit in to ur holes where your old wing went with the exception of 1 hole on each side. i pluged mine up but im getting it filled and then the whole hatch resprayed.

when u say apexi n1 dual do u mean duel exhaust?? theres really no point for fake dual exhaust unless ur doin it for looks. n1 is a great exhaust i have it on my teg and love it!

the v2 is overpriced, just my opinion. i was lookin into buyin that one for myself but posted here on HAN and got a response. i was basically told by tons of people here that the gains from the v2 and a AEM sri were neglible. also with a short ram you dont need to worry about hydrolocking. i ended up goin with a comptech intake with icebox and i love it!

as far as a clutch goes i would say ACT or EXEDY. i put in a b&m short shifter and i love it. i went ahead and did the poly urethane shift bushings at the same time(just convienante). from what i have heard the skunk 2 short shifter is pretty nice and that one has the bend in it like the stock shifter(the b&m does not).

best of luck gettin stuff for your teg. make sure u post some pics up!
Old 02-26-2005, 07:45 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

150 isnt a bad deal on a type R wing at all
Old 02-26-2005, 07:56 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Originally Posted by Ninj4r
Alright... well, as I said in the title, these are probably overly optimistic plans, unless I get my ass in gear, and land that Computer Tech job I was looking at... Keep in mind all of this/these plans are based off of my mind, which is far from what I'd consider knowledgeable... but I think will make decent first season mods. The numbers I'm tossing are also probably not completely accurate, so any info/corrections/suggestions/etc are appreciated as usual!

Cheaper shaz
¤ Shave Spoiler and fill in holes (like $20 for the bondo?)
- If I can swing it, Type R spoiler instead of fill in maybe?
(is $150 a good or bad deal?)
¤ Delete Rear wiper, and plug it for 50cents.
¤ Delete & replace antenna with S2000 SharkII ($30ish)
¤ Drop the Cruise Control i'll never use (any how-to's?)
- eBay it for like $10?
¤ Clean/Degrease Engine bay
¤ High-Temp Paint to stealth out my stock calipers till I can upgrade
¤ Fix hinge dealy for hatch cover (suggestive part?)

More 'spensive
¤ Motegi Track lite 5 Spokes (Silver or Black? Opinions?)
- Yokohama (?) Rubber
¤ Eibach pro-kit & Koni Yellows
¤ Apexi N1 Dual
¤ AEM V2 (Does wrapping it really make a diff?)
¤ New Clutch (Suggestions?) & Short Shift (Suggestion again?)
¤ Tint Windows

Alright, that's about it... I'm willing to bet it's not all going to happen this summer.. but I prefer to aim high, go big or go home, right?

Any suggestions, input, ideas, etc are appreciated! :kiss:

*edit*
Do they make the N1 Dual for Integra? You'd think so, since they claim it gives better mid/high-range performance with 2 pipes, since that's seemingly what Vtec's all about.... correct me if i'm wrong please.

...ricer

*edit* 1,000th Post...WOOOO :yay:
Old 02-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Right... Do me a favor rogue, and don't bother to post in my threads anymore... only the 2nd time you've ever posted in my crap, and it's not needed, if it was to hit your 1000th post, congrats..
Old 02-26-2005, 09:19 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Originally Posted by Ninj4r
Right... Do me a favor rogue, and don't bother to post in my threads anymore... only the 2nd time you've ever posted in my crap, and it's not needed, if it was to hit your 1000th post, congrats..
I'll post anywhere I want..and I didn't realize that my previous post was my 1,000th until after I posted it...hence the *edit* I added in there. And if you can't get used to people calling you a ricer, then leave HAN now
Old 02-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

I dont see how that is rice at all.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Originally Posted by Schwa
I dont see how that is rice at all.
well I've already elaborated to Ninj4r on AIM...so I don't need to state it again
Old 02-26-2005, 10:28 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

ugh...no APEXi does not make the N1 in dual format, thank god.