Notices

Specific connector...

Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
nonvtecintegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific connector...

Im posting this here because I am working on an Integra. My question for any integra owner or someone who knows what I am talking about is: Under my dash on my Fuse Block, there is a Connector Pin called B+ or +B. I know that means power wire. I want to use this specific connector(called OPTION CONNECTOR by the service manual I have) as my permanant battery source for my alarm. The big problem I am having is... where on the internet could I find such a connector? I live in italy right now, so there is little chance that the honda dealership will have this connector let alone understand a word that I say. I would like a few because two other connectors under there that look the same have switched 12 volts, which I aslo need. If you are wondering why I don't just splice into some other wires, I hate doing that becasue it looks like hell, as If it already doesnt. any help is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Integra 004.jpg (172.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

:thinking:

Are there any auto recyclers or wrecking yards nearby? If so, maybe you could buy an EG Civic or DC wiring harness, and use it for the connectors you need.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:48 AM
nonvtecintegra

Here in italy, they do not sell any acura products, and finding a Honda Integra Type-R that is wrecked is as likley as winning the lottery. I dont see many civic's here either, and they all have different engines that are not in US Spec cars, so I wonder what else is different...
Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by nonvtecintegra
Here in italy, they do not sell any acura products, and finding a Honda Integra Type-R that is wrecked is as likley as winning the lottery. I dont see many civic's here either, and they all have different engines that are not in US Spec cars, so I wonder what else is different...
Despite the regional differences in models, I'd expect the electrical connectors to be standardized. So you might find the connector you need in any Honda passenger car.. Maybe even the CR-V or HR-V. :dunno: If a wrecking yard with Honda is close to you, I'd look around and see if you could find the connector you need.

In the worst-case scenario, Honda may charge you 50 or 60 Euros for one connector. If that happens, I would give up and just tap the power lead as it comes into the fuse panel.. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!