Notices

93 Intgra + No Spark No Start

Old 02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Boost-Hungry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Intgra + No Spark No Start

New to the forum looking for some help.

93 INTEGRA GS will not start. I have already replace the plugs, rotor, main fuel relay, fuel pump and ignitor.

I have no spark going to the spark plugs. I checked the coil and ignitor. There is power going to both. Coil checks out good with ohm's test and voltage test. Ignitor also has power going into it.

Pulled out spark plug wire and plug, turned the ignition and saw now spark coming from the plug??

ANY HELP? THANKS
Old 02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Brar
|:]

^ ill give u a free bump no clue man

welcome to HAN
Old 02-24-2005, 07:52 PM
dubcac
I

Did you have the electrode of the plug grounded on the valve cover to check spark?

Is the CEL on? If the car won't start, you have to crank for 15-20 seconds to get the CEL to come on, so try that.

Was the car driving wierd before this, or did it just not start one day?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Boost-Hungry

We just put in a rebuilt cyl head and a multilayer steel head gasket. the car was running fine before. It started right up after the install, but then it just cut out and did not start.

I grounded the plugs to check for spark and nothing. I even pulled the plug wire right off the distributor cap and no spark.

Strange thing is both coil and ignitor have power going into them and the ohm test reads out fine.

No check engine light and I've been cranking it. Theres just no spark.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
dubcac
I

Check your cam timing. Check all your grounds. Check firing order.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Boost-Hungry

Timing is dead on. Grounds and all connections are fine. The car started for about 5 minutes and then cut out.

Timing, grounds and firing order would not have an affect on spark. Even with timing off there would be spark.

But none. I've just about given up. I'm getting ready to take a blow torch to it

I'm getting an ECU tomorrow. Good thing I've got a buddy who runs a Honda/Acura dismantler, other wise I'd be dropping some change for all these parts.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:32 AM
MaxOctane

did your timing belt break? Can you confirm that the cam shafts are turning and the rotor is turning?

What about the control module in the distributor. Did you have that checked?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Boost-Hungry

I finally catch a break. I replaced the ECU, now its is giving me Diagnostic Trouble Code 15, ignition output signal - open or shorted output signal circuit

How do I check the ignition output signal? The ignition switch itself is bad?

I checked fuses, all good.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
dubcac
I

Unplug the harness at the distributor...check for battery voltage between a ground and the black/yellow wire going into the harness. If there isn't, you have a shorted wire. if there is battery voltage, open the distributor and check the ICM. Check for battery voltage between ground and white/blue wire. If not, check the coil and the white/blue wire between the coil and ICM. If there is battery voltage, check the yellow/green wire, and blue wire. If eveything checks out, replace the ICM.

-Per the helms.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Boost-Hungry

I checked the coil and ignitor for power. All checks out. There is power going in there. But still no start.

So I got another distributor off a running car. Installed it, still no spark no start. I'm still getting the same code, with two different distributors, two different ignitors.

I found an old alarm under the dash, it's still connected and it has a red blinking light. It blinks when I hit the ignition. Something tells me this old alarm kicked in and is killing the ignition. I'll have to disconnect the whole thing rewire everything back to stock.

If thats not it...well then I've had it. I called the Honda pros for Wednesday, just in case.