Notices

slight wheel vibration

Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slight wheel vibration

i recently had to replace the rotors on my wife's 94 DX. The driver side was getting fairly warped. that was a about a month ago and right after i did that i started noticing a noise coming from the driver side tire. It is most noticable at lower speed like <40 but you can still hear it higher speeds. It is definetly in cadence with the rotation of the wheel. could it be that the wheel is just out of balance or is possible the bearing is going bad? I am assuming that this is what caused the rotor to go bad so I am gonna try to take care of it soon.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

try and balance your tires first because it is cheaper than replacing your bearings but if that doesnt take care of it i could be your bearings. did you check your pads?might be your cv joints?:dunno:
Old 02-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

check alignment too.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

and check for tire problems.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:09 AM
bnuk

yeah the tires look fine visually, the weight is still on the wheel, and i just had the whole shaft replaced on that side.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

It might be that the rotors you bought weren't balanced. They normally are from the factory but it wouln't be the first time I've seen this. Same for the shaft. If it is occurring @ less than highway speeds it's more than likely a separated belt in your tire. Get the fronts re-balanced and look for lateral runout of the tread (tread moving side to side), or jack up the car and spin the wheel. If the tire has no tread in one spot or a lump in it-it's separated.