Notices

tranmission fluid change

Old 02-11-2005, 09:07 AM
speed_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranmission fluid change

I've decided to do a automatic transmission flush on my civic and i just have a few questions. I called up Honda and they told me that it would be $54.99 for an automatic transmission oil change and i called up Mr.Lube and they told me it's $129.99 for an automatic transmission complete fluid change which includes Honda tranmission oil. This service at mr.lube includes replacing all the tranmission fluid including the torque converter. my question is what is the difference between these two services? and are there any gaskets or anything that need to be changed as well when replacing transmission oil.

and i was told by a friend that transmission oil should be pink, if not you nedd a change. is that correct? i checked mine and it's brownish color
Old 02-11-2005, 09:15 AM
jc836

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF you have more than 30k to 45k and have no idea when it was last "flushed" completely-then do the reverse flush. The less expensive version replaces 3 quarts of oil and nothing more than that. There is no flushing for the lower price. Most HOnda dealers charge in the $100 range for a full reverse flush using 7 quarts of Honda AT fluid. This is how I have cared for my 99 Prelude and you can see the difference watching the machine. Also-there are NO filters or screens in the SS gearbox so the only real way to do it right is to reverse flush.

Happy Luding

Someone buy my car!