Notices

93 civic hatch to 97 teg front end conversion

Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Poorboyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 civic hatch to 97 teg front end conversion

Ok, I'm new to this so a lot of these questions might be really stupid for some of you guys. A buddy of mine just wrecked his 93 hatch. It looks pretty bad in the front end, but nothing leaked out. The car still runs...it just needs new front bumper assembly, headlights, corner lights, radiator crossmember and a windshield he went through. He doesn't want the car anymore and gave it to me. Now I want to fix this thing up and drive it. Before I ask my questions there's a couple more things...my little brother just upgraded his 97 integra to a 98-01 front end. he has a spare front bumper cover, headlights and bumper lights and he also has a spare hood froma while ago. My questions are: 1. Do I need a integra radiator support on the civic to be able to bolt up the integra front end on it or can I just use a civic radiator support and bolt the integra fronmt end on it? 2. Does the integra radiator support bolt right up or do I need to cut and weld it into place? 3. How hard of a conversion am I looking at? 4. Should I just go ahead and buy all new civic parts and fix it that way and not worry about the integra conversion? Now jsut to clarify, I'm just inquiring about this conversion because I already have some of the parts needed out of the integra and I know this can be done because I've seen it done before. I really don't care if it looks like a integra or a civic in the front. Thank you for any help you might be able to give me. Chuck
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i don't have the details that your looking for here but being that you have all the integra front end peices at your convenience, i would defainatly go for the conversion! That thing will look really sweet! Best of luck to you.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Poorboyz

Originally Posted by Running925
i don't have the details that your looking for here but being that you have all the integra front end peices at your convenience, i would defainatly go for the conversion! That thing will look really sweet! Best of luck to you.

Thank you. The only thing I would need is the radiator support and the inner front bumper parts. I've also posted this on Honda-tech, but people there don't really like this conversion and like stating their opinion even though I wasn't asking for it. Hopefully it'll be much better here in terms of people helping each other out. I'm a Chevy truck guy and don't know much about these hondas. I just think it'll be much better than my tahoe on gas for my 42 miles ( one way) trip to work...and since I got the car free makes it that much better.

Thanks again

Chuck