Notices

'95 Civic losing water out of rad.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:43 AM
sujitroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Civic losing water out of rad.

The rad. appears to be pushing water into the expansion bottle after about 100 mile journey. On cooling, the water does not return to the rad. and I need to top up the rad. I have a ad a cup full of water/coolant

Any clues what could be causing this?

Would changing the rad. cap help?

Thanks
Sujit
Old 02-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

check your hoses for clogs...
Old 02-10-2005, 03:07 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Could be your T-stat sticking open or closed. Or even the rad cap. Is the engine over-heating? How fast does the car warm up? Does it take forever for the air from the vents to heat up?
Check the rad hoses after the cooling fan comes on... is one harder than the other?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
sujitroy

I had the thermostat, water pump and timing belt changed. That was well over due.
The engine is not overheating. The car warms up quickly as normal. I haven't checked the hardness of the hoses. Are you assuming air is in the system?
The car runs fine. Just after 120 miles or so, I see more water in the expansion/overflow bottle. The water does not return to the rad. when cold. That's when I have to add a cupfull of fuild directly in to the rad. and drain the expansion/overflow bottle. Otherwise the next time, water leaks out of the expansion bottle. BTW. This happened before I had the thermostat, etc changed.