Notices

Someone answer please?

Old 02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Micheal Garza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone answer please?

I dont know alot about cars but i registered here to have a question answered and talk about cars. A friend of mine wants me to look something up on the internet for him he asked me " I have a 1994 integra automatic and

i wanted to know what would happen if you put an automatic ECU in a standard car"

so far i have information from some other guy who said "generally this will not work
the auto ECU tell the car when it needs to shift
a standard ECU will not tell the automatic transmission when to shift so essentially you'll be stuck
an auto ECU will work in a standard car seeing as I know many people with Nissan 240SXs running an auto ECU on the standard."

Anyone have any suggestions or information on what i can tell my friend?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Civic2Scooby

you cannot run the standard ECU on an auto or vice versa as a rule of thumb. why the hell would you want to anyway?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Micheal Garza

he said" because i cant find a standard LS computer" but he told me to ask this also "can i use sohc dx computer in my 92 hatchback with an Ls swap" so any help would be appreciated
Old 02-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Micheal Garza

btw can you give me a little more information on what would happen if he did put an automatic ecu in a standard car?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Micheal Garza
btw can you give me a little more information on what would happen if he did put an automatic ecu in a standard car?
fuel maps would be off, lower redline, some other stuff.

use the proper ecu for the proper motor. NO the dx ecu will not work and can cause damage if run on it for too long. There are plenty of obd1 LS ecus on ebay, also you can have them chipped to run the proper programs I belieive, PM phiz he should be able to tell you all about it, as he is the resident chip burner/tuner.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Micheal Garza

Alright, im sure that phiz guy doesnt live here in san antonio so he said thanx for the information and had one last question "On a DX motor will the harness plug up to a motor thats wired for the v-tech"
Old 02-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Micheal Garza
Alright, im sure that phiz guy doesnt live here in san antonio so he said thanx for the information and had one last question "On a DX motor will the harness plug up to a motor thats wired for the v-tech"
yup, and its VTEC.....I just ment to private message phiz for any ecu questions