Notices

Rattling hood

Old 02-07-2005, 06:51 AM
OblivionLord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling hood

I cant find a damn thing to tighten the hood down. The hood lock doesnt seem to have an adjuster. Any ideas?

I typed in "Rattling Hood" in the search and apparently nothing comes up.

Car is a 98 Civic Ex
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 AM
peteriap
HAN Approved Vendor

Originally Posted by OblivionLord
I cant find a damn thing to tighten the hood down. The hood lock doesnt seem to have an adjuster. Any ideas?

I typed in "Rattling Hood" in the search and apparently nothing comes up.

Car is a 98 Civic Ex
Have you tried adjusting the hood stops? They are rubber pads that adjust in height. This should fix your problem if the hood is moving too far down.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
speed_69

Originally Posted by peteriap
Have you tried adjusting the hood stops? They are rubber pads that adjust in height. This should fix your problem if the hood is moving too far down.
Where are these located?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look along the radiator support, they are little black rubber bump stops on each side.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:41 PM
OblivionLord

It appears that inorder for me to get a nice evenness with the hood and the side fenders of the car.. the 1 rubber adjuster on the left has to be tightened all the way and the right adjuster is a little inbetween its full range. I take it the hood is bent because of this and that I can stick my finder in the left side of the grill oppening while the hood is closed and cant stick my other side.

I suppose all i can do now is just find a soft piece of foam or plastic etc etc etc and just put it on the latch so it will tighten up the gap inbetween and still be able to close.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:43 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OblivionLord
It appears that inorder for me to get a nice evenness with the hood and the side fenders of the car.. the 1 rubber adjuster on the left has to be tightened all the way and the right adjuster is a little inbetween its full range. I take it the hood is bent because of this and that I can stick my finder in the left side of the grill oppening while the hood is closed and cant stick my other side.

I suppose all i can do now is just find a soft piece of foam or plastic etc etc etc and just put it on the latch so it will tighten up the gap inbetween and still be able to close.
yea you'll have to ghetto rig something up for it too line up correctly