Notices

Econoline vs. Civic -- Deathmatch

Old 02-06-2005, 08:19 PM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Econoline vs. Civic -- Deathmatch

well...i'm sorry to report that my hatchie is no more...i'll start that the beginning:

I was on my way to my girlfriend's house, and there is a four-way intersection near my home. As i pulled up to and stopped at the intersection a truck approached from the right, and came to a stop at his stop sign...i had looked left and right, and as i made my way throught he intersection...WHAM!!...out of no where this huge white Ford Econoline van slams the me from the left side...it was dang near close to a t-bone, but thankfully i was ok. The driver swears he stoped at the stop sign, but there's no way he could have considering the damage done to my car, especially when you throw in the fact that he would have to accelerate uphill through the intersection into me. So anyway, it's quite a tragic incident, but the good thing is no one was hurt! And what really stinks is i didn't get to see my girlfriend that day either! So yeah, i still haven't heard from the insurance company about what's going on yet, but i will let you guys know. I even bought an engine swap to put in, and now that's shot...so guys...i got stuff for sale...i got three FS threads with stuff, and depending on what happens with insurance i might part out my car for some extra dough.

Exedy Clutch Kit
5 Speed Tranny
D15B7 w/90k and new parts!!

Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The damage doesn't look too bad, actually. A decent body shop could probably get that back on the road without much trouble.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:19 PM
CivicRacr

yeah as long as the frame is still straight, looks like it just needs a new fender and door
Old 02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
doughboy_88

the a-pillar looks bent...a major no-no for insurance coverage. i say ditch that chassis and get another EG for the swap.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:52 AM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

yeah, i'm pretty sure there's frame damage to where the door hinge is, and i think my a-arms and cv joints are messed up...and on top of that he hit my wheel pretty hard and i think he messed up my tranny mounts cause the tranny seemed kinda loose when i tried to put it in gear...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:36 AM
dx2gsr

glad to hear that everyone is OK, cars can always be replaced

are you gonna get another Civic and continue with the swap?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Stupid big truck! Sorry to see it, but glad your ok.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Ehh... it'll buff out.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:23 AM
dpkelly
1999 Civic Driver

I always do a quick look before I proceed. I had a close call in a '91 Civic Hatch CX few years back. I was in the middle of an intersection waiting to turn left when my light had turned red and the traffic was waiting for me to get out of the intersection. So I put it in 1st and started to move when out of the corner of my eye I saw a car coming right at me. This asshole decided to run a yellow light from far away but of course was red when he got there. He went through the intersection in the left hand lane and had to swerve around me!!! It's a good thing I saw him and that I stopped.

Checking before proceeding is good advice nowadays because newer cars are made higher off the ground. We who have lower riding cars are more at risk than ever. There never seems to be a shortage of idiot drivers who think they save time by violating simple traffic rules.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:57 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well your being positive about the whole ordeal. I'd be pissed but, your looking on the bright side.