Notices

Fog Light Question?

Old 02-04-2005, 06:26 AM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Question?

I have a 99 Civic with factory fog lights. I was wondering how to rewire them so they can be on without the headlights being on? I have already searched and have not come up with anything.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:33 AM
oldskoolcivic

its pretty simple.... at the 2 fog lights, hook up the ground to the chassis, then for the positive, run both the wires to a single wire, then to the interrior of the car thru the firewall, then put a switch. on the other end of the switch, put a fuse, then hook it to the positive terminal of the battery. if you still dont get it just pm me, i'll draw a diagram.. its pretty simple.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by dawrenn
I have a 99 Civic with factory fog lights. I was wondering how to rewire them so they can be on without the headlights being on? I have already searched and have not come up with anything.
6th grade science class, Chapter: Basic Electricity :doh:
Old 04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
DamnUndrSteer

I had the same problem, but i got it now so that the fogs come on with the parking lights. This is what worked for me, easier then taking off your bumper

1: remove plastic housing for steering wheel column
2: unplug comb. switch harness and the other harness connected to it
3:using small screwdriver remove red/green wire pin on both sides of the harnesses
4:using small scredriver remove red wire that holds both harnesses (its the only one connected to the car after you unplug both harnesses)
5: just swap the wires (red/ green in the red wire ports, red wire in the green/red port)
6: reassemble everything, and dont forget to replace the interior light fuse 7.5 to 10

old post but figured someone would use...