Notices

how to distinguish 'genuine' clutch components?

Old 01-31-2005, 02:00 PM
civicfan8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to distinguish 'genuine' clutch components?

Hi all,

I am searching the net for some clutch kits and came across with diff. vendors selling Exedy/Daikin clutch parts with an extremely wide range of prices....for standard clutch parts....one is selling a pressure plate for $3x.00 ..some for $5x.00....and some even $90.00 then somehow I read about counterfeit Daikin parts from Daikin's website....These are all not from ebay motors btw...

To summarize, how can I tell whether this $3x.00 pressure is a genuine Daikin/Exedy part or counterfeit?

Thanks....

Civicfan8
Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

out of the ones that u've listed, i'd stick with the Exedy stuff. At least they are a reputable company!

& remember, you get what u pay for.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

www.clutchcityonline.com

I bought my Exedy/Daiken setup from them for around $125 or so (I forget now but it was a good price), they responded quickly to my questions, shipped quickly and now about a year later, I haven't had any problems. Definately recommended.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:59 AM
GCEX

Originally Posted by Running925
out of the ones that u've listed, i'd stick with the Exedy stuff. At least they are a reputable company!

& remember, you get what u pay for.
He means third party vendors selling Exedy/Daiken parts.

IMHO stick with reputable vendors, keep them in business and they will reward you with continued good service.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 AM
civicfan8

Thanks for all the replies. I am just more worried about getting fake stuff that is of inferior quality than anything else, especially the fact that it takes a considerable amount of effort to get to the clutch area....just wanted to see if anyone of us here had come across with any such fake Daikin clutch components and share with how one would know what to look for . Sometimes buying from the net is quite hard to tell who is a reputable dealer....