Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Do I need FMU?(fuel management unit)

Old 01-15-2005, 11:58 PM
wayne99integra
99Turbo GS-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need FMU?(fuel management unit)

I have the RC 440cc fuel injectors on my car now, those injectors is killing my motor, I asked some people on H-T.com, what the said to me is: DON'T DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASH YOUR RING OUT, or DON'T RUN 440cc ON YOUR CAR WITHOUT TUNING, YOUR FLOODING THE HECK OUT OF YOUR ENGINE. thats what they said, and I can't even drive my car right now, it dies at every 10 seconds. dont even say I can drive it up to bellingham for the tuning....

should I get a cheap FMU now or put those stock fuel injectors back on untill the tuning day?

P.S: I have hondata S200
Old 01-16-2005, 05:54 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

i would put the stock injectors back on for now
Old 01-16-2005, 07:00 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teg92
i would put the stock injectors back on for now
I agree. Is the Hondata installed? Consider sending the chip off to a tuner to have them put a basemap on it for you to at least be able to putt the car around to get it to a tuner for real tuning. Where did you get the Hondata from and why wasn't it already setup for the basic parts on your motor?

Tell me more about your setup. What are the specs/mods?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:37 AM
BoostedITR41

yeah I don't even understand how the car even runs with no means of cutting back the injectors. go stock injectors and baby it or get a base map for the hondata
Old 01-16-2005, 04:54 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by wayne99integra
I have the RC 440cc fuel injectors on my car now, those injectors is killing my motor, I asked some people on H-T.com, what the said to me is: DON'T DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASH YOUR RING OUT, or DON'T RUN 440cc ON YOUR CAR WITHOUT TUNING, YOUR FLOODING THE HECK OUT OF YOUR ENGINE. thats what they said, and I can't even drive my car right now, it dies at every 10 seconds. dont even say I can drive it up to bellingham for the tuning....

should I get a cheap FMU now or put those stock fuel injectors back on untill the tuning day?

P.S: I have hondata S200
So why come here and ask again? It looks like you already have your answer.
I've been a member over there for a few years, generally you get pretty straight forward and accurate answers.
pop your stock injectors in, hook up the fmu and take a trip up north. Before you do all this, maybe read up on engine basics and tuning basics so you'll understand what your problem was. Being told what to do and understanding what your doing is two totally different things. I think now the best time to learn a little before you learn the hard (expensive) way.
carb connection (although asses) is in kirkland I don't know if thats closer to you but that may be an option, so maybe you can save some money by leaving the injectors in and having a buddy tow your car tothe shop. They tune hondata also.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:18 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
So why come here and ask again? It looks like you already have your answer.
I've been a member over there for a few years, generally you get pretty straight forward and accurate answers.
pop your stock injectors in, hook up the fmu and take a trip up north. Before you do all this, maybe read up on engine basics and tuning basics so you'll understand what your problem was. Being told what to do and understanding what your doing is two totally different things. I think now the best time to learn a little before you learn the hard (expensive) way.
carb connection (although asses) is in kirkland I don't know if thats closer to you but that may be an option, so maybe you can save some money by leaving the injectors in and having a buddy tow your car tothe shop. They tune hondata also.
There's no need for an FMU... he has Hondata. He just needs to get it tuned.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:37 AM
BoostedITR41

get a base map for the hondata and baby it to tuning
Old 01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
wayne99integra
99Turbo GS-R

I'm getting the hondata tune in the 24th, and yes, we did put the stock fuel injectors back on.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Some people use FMU to describe any Fuel Managment System. This is technically correct, but counter to the popular convention used.

If we wanted to be correct, we would say Rising rate fuel pressure regulator, but we say FMU.

-PHiZ

It's kinda like EMS. You could be talking about ANY EMS, but AEM has a solution branded as EMS...
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 AM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
There's no need for an FMU... he has Hondata. He just needs to get it tuned.

Yeah exactly, but he's not going to get his hondata tuned with his car sitting in his driveway. He's not going to drive his car to bellingham with those injectors untuned, so he basically needs to either revert back to stock, or install the fmu and take a drive up there.