Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

? on fuel delivery

Old 01-15-2005, 04:35 PM
silvic00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on fuel delivery

alright i have a d16y8, im installing a turbo kit in a week, i need to know some info and setups to run fuel when im running 6-8lbs of boost, i already have a vafc installed.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:43 PM
b16ahybrid

Get some larger injectors (450cc will do) and an appopintment to get it on a dyno so you can tune it.

What kind of turbo kit is it? New? Used? Complete?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:47 PM
silvic00

any ideas on brands of fuel injectors, will i need a btm or anything to adjust ignition during boost...its a greddy kit with intercooler and 3 inch downpipe with exhaust

will i need to upgrade my fuel pump or anything else
Old 01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
silvic00

i deffinately have been stressed to get it dynoed and tuned for the proper mixture to avoid detonation
Old 01-15-2005, 09:04 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by silvic00
any ideas on brands of fuel injectors, will i need a btm or anything to adjust ignition during boost...its a greddy kit with intercooler and 3 inch downpipe with exhaust

Well dsm 4500cc injectors are cheap and easy to install.
Getting a btm would actually be benifitial and you'll probably make a little more power since you can run full base timing and retard it per psi of boost instead of retarding your timing via the distributor and throwing off all of your timing. Everything is thrown off when you retard your distributor timing (cam,ignition, injector's etc). All you need to retard is your ignition timing advance.
If you run larger injectors, the stock pump will be fine.
Another option would be to sell the v-afc and go with hondata. Or another form of simular fuel/ignition management. Much more reliable and you'll make more power.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Doesn't the Greddy kit come with RC 310 cc injectors? Mine did. What means are you getting to tune it? If you are running the stock blue box, you can't tune it but it is better than running a FMU with a MAP sensor bypass.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:06 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Doesn't the Greddy kit come with RC 310 cc injectors? Mine did. What means are you getting to tune it? If you are running the stock blue box, you can't tune it but it is better than running a FMU with a MAP sensor bypass.

The b-series kits come with 310cc injectors, the d-series don't.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
silvic00

so i could keep my vafc, get bigger injectors and a btm and id be fine with proper tuning (dyno) from a reputable shop... i dont wanna buy a standalone like hondata yet due to i plan on doing a motor swap and turboing that motor also

i can get ahold of a greddy emanage is that what your talking about? i heard good and bad things about fmus i have one but dont think or plan on running it, i have the synapse missing link check valve also
Old 01-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

so i could keep my vafc, get bigger injectors and a btm and id be fine with proper tuning (dyno) from a reputable shop... i dont wanna buy a standalone like hondata yet due to i plan on doing a motor swap and turboing that motor also

i can get ahold of a greddy emanage is that what your talking about? i heard good and bad things about fmus i have one but dont think or plan on running it, i have the synapse missing link check valve also
Yeah, that set up should be fine for now as long as boost is kept under about 8-9 psi. Why don't you swap the motor first before you turbo your original one?

The blue box and the Emanage are two different things. The blue box is what comes with the kit (B-series for sure, not sure about D-series) and is non-tunable and the emanage is a tunable upgrade from the bluebox but is still a piggyback like your VAFC. Don't run the FMU if you are using the VAFC.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:45 PM
silvic00

yeah i knew about not running an fmu with the vafc but what about the emanage? yeah im only gonna run 6lbs on daily driving and maybe 8 at the track if that.

alright if i get a set of the dsm 450cc injectors do they just slide in and connect to my harness or are mods required? what other brand/type should i look into? i was told to atleast get 310cc (stock is 240cc)