Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Obd2 gsr swap

Old 01-04-2005, 11:10 PM
HybridTheory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd2 gsr swap

I wrecked my 2k1 gsr and i got it in my garage and im gonna buy a civic hatch. I want like a 92-95 model but what would i need to get this engine to work in this car??? Also if anyone can tell me the model differences between the civic hatches cx,si,dx,etc....thanks...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:23 PM
theguy386
I am tehguy... OH YEAH!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pretty much use the obd2 GSR into the 92-95 (EG) hatch. Most of the plugs are plug and play, but youlle have some plugs left over. I have an obd2 motor in my 95 civic. You may or may not have to run VTEC wiring depending on which model hatch you get, also the knock sensor. The difference between the hatches are as follows:
CX: real basic model with a 70HP engine, no side moldings, no AC, no PS, no power anything
DX: has a better engine (109 hp, i think), has side moldings, PS, AC, no power anything still
Si: SOHC VTEC engine (120 hp), moonroof, AC, PS, rear disc brakes
Im pretty sure im missing alot of specs here and there (anyone else can post them). I know theres also a VX in there, but not really sure of them. So the main things you would need for your engine to work in a hatch is the engine, tranny, axles & halfshaft, linkage, ECU (make sure to sell ure OBD2 ECU and get a obd1 p72).