Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

H22 into EG Hatch info

Old 01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
craft coxswain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 into EG Hatch info

I'm planning on swapping an H22a into my 93 civic hatch. I have been researching this swap for over a year now, but I still don't know everything I need to know.

First off, and please only answer this if you know from personal experience, how do h22 civics handle compared to their lighter (B and D series powered Civics) brethren? I have owned both a civic with a d16z6 and civic with a b18c1 so I know how they handle.

Next, this still has to do with handling, I know Progress makes springs for Civics with h22 swaps, but I can't find the springs spring rates. I'm not really a fan of progress, I'm more of a skunk2 guy, so I would like to get Skunk2 coilovers with correct rates for the swap. I've sent emails asking progress the rates, but I never recieved a reply.

Any help would be appreciated as well as any else you feel I should no before I commit thousands of dollars to this project.

Thanks,

Craft Coxswain
Old 01-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Mario

Not personal experience, but I figure why hold back information.

The guy I bought my current car from did an h22a in an EG hatch 3 years go, before they made all the stuff publicly available.

He had a GSR subframe, Accord springs, Koni shocks, sway bars, and said it handled like a dream.

Honestly, the h22a is not much heavier than a b series swap either. I'd say do the swap, and then go from there. See how it feels and then you can upgrade to compensate.

I really wanna do an h22a swap into my hatch... it's hard going from my b20a which had 185whp/190lbs trq to a b16a which has maybe 110lbs trq.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 AM
EGv2.0

I have an H22 in a 5gen hatch and right now have stock shocks on ebay coilovers, riding at stock height and to be very honest it handles practically identical to how it handled when I had a d-series and the car was slammed (tucking tire) with the expection of the body roll on high speed semi-sharp turns. I am waiting for a set of JIC coilovers with Integra spring rates.

It will all depend on your driving style and budget. If you are going to autocross then spend the money for some very adjustable as far as the strut goes and I am not referring to a 20 point adj. damper for under 1000.

If you plan on going with a higher spring rate make sure your strut can handle the load. I will post my opinion of the JIC's as soon as they get here and I install them.