Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Intake Air Sensor "Code 10" help

Old 12-31-2004, 01:27 AM
TucsonB18C5HB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Air Sensor "Code 10" help

For the past month, my Civic has been throwing a MEL or CEL with about 15 - 20 minutes worth of driving. Sometimes If I drive harder than normal the check light comes on earlier. I noticed that when the light comes on, the car seems to be running normal, if there is a loss of power then it isn't noticable from the driver's seat.

The code disappears after shutting the car completely off, then it takes the usual 20 minutes to kick back on. I have also noticed that the car runs very rich. There is slight backfire or a popping sound when de-accelerating, and a lot of burned fuel residue on the exhaust tip and black spots all over my drive way from starting it up.

I just had the Intake Sensor replaced in September by a local car shop, I am thinking the used sensor they gave me didn't last too long. I checked the sensor and it appears to be in good shape, but maybe internally it's bad.

Have any of you experiened these symptoms? Maybe there are other ways to check the sensor before replacing? Wires from the sensor go to where?

I have a HB with a Type R motor swap and a GSR head.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:20 AM
ED9man
driver

Why do you have a GS-R head on a Type-R bottom end?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:57 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Originally Posted by ED9man

Why do you have a GS-R head on a Type-R bottom end?
...Yeah, what up w/ that?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:59 PM
MBenztech
Solid as a Rock!

the reason the code takes so long to come on is cause the car has to go into closed loop for code to kick on, which means its a system self check code more then an actual critical code which will kick on right away like a check engine like for knocking or something. check ur air/fuel mixture if u can that may lead u in the right direction.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:00 PM
MBenztech
Solid as a Rock!

one more thing if u had the intake sensor replaced by a shop take the car back and tell them ever since u had that replaced ur car runs like shit they may have done something wrong maybe wrong sensor.... who knows a lot of stuff could of or could be causing that code to kick on