Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Please Help SWAP

Old 12-26-2004, 07:26 AM
nitro20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help SWAP

I would like to say hello to all of you beacause it's my first post on this site. Sorry if i will make mistakes in writting but my eng it's not perfect .
I'm writing from Warsaw in Poland and i have some questions. I know that probbably there is a lot of answers for my questions on forum but with my eng. it's difficult to find everything. First i Give some info :
1) I have 1998year Civic4D (engine number : D14a4 ) i found some info on this engine so i put it maybe it will make easier to help me ( D14A4 SOHC PGM-FI, kat. 90KM Civic 3d/4d 1.4i, 1.4iS EJ9 96-98 ) yeah i know it's SHIT ;] only 90 Hp.
2) I heard that in US you put H22 in this Civics well i would like to make some SWAP as well but in Poland it's not so easy like in US. I'm thinking also about b18 or b16a2 engine but h22 excites me most ;].
Ok i begin to ask :
1) Can i put in mine CIV all of this engines ??
2) Which Swap would be the easiest ??
3) Do i need a new mounting kit to all engines ?? And what would be cost of the cheapiest ones in US ?? I don't need some extra ones, i want chepiest just to fit engine beacause on www.hasport.com they cos almost 600$ ( you have to remember that it will be very difficult to buy it in poland so i will probably have to buy it in US in on-line shops and send it to PL)
4) I know that probably most expensive swap will be h22 and i would like to ask you if it's worth it ?? Or it's better to put b16a2 or b18 and make some Tune in them ??
5) I know that i would have to change suspension and brakes in my car what you recommend ??
6) I know that if it's possibility to put b16a2 or b18c in my car i will need Axles from engine that i put, tranny (i'm not sure if tranny is a box with gears in it so i'm explaining here what i wanted to say ;]) and ECU ale this parts from engines which I will put in car. Do i need sth more ?? Do i have to cut construction of car or sth else to fit some parts ?? could i keep p/s ??
7) I know that if it's possibility to put H22 i will need the same what i wrote above, do i need sth extra ?? Do i have to cut construction of car or sth else to fit some parts ?? could i keep p/s ??

You have to forgive me all these questions and my pure language skills but it's very difficult to get this informations on forum for me and it's impossible in POLAND :/ ( you almost always use specific shortcuts that i just can't find in dictionary hehe ) I think that i know sth about SWAPS write know and it's all thx to your post's on this Forum, Many thx for all indulgent (who understnd my position don't know if I use good word ) people.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:39 AM
sleepersol

dzien dobre. I will be flying in to krakow on the 8th. I will try to answer some of your questions
1.Yes all of these engines should fit into your car. some may take more work than others but it can be done
2.The b16 and b18 are going to be the easies because they won't need as many other parts as the h22 will.
3.I have the mounts from hasport and I am very pleased. There are places on ebay that sell kits for cheaper but I do not know how they fit nor the quality of the materials. I would suggest saving up the money and getting the better quality kit.
4.I love the turque that my h22 sol has but if I had to do it over I would have gone with the b series. It adds another 50-100 pounds to the front of a front heavy car. There are also a lot of other things that are necessary to change out when you do this swap.
5.don't know a ton about suspension or brakes
6.for the b series swap you shouldn't have to get anything else. Most of the linkage and cables match up. You will need a new wire harness though unless you wanted to try to cut and rewire it yourself. You should be able to keep P/S
7.You will need a lot of other parts. '90-'93 integra axles, '90-'93 accord halfshaft, accord resistor pack, '92-'96 prelude shift linkage among other stuff. You can keep P/S but it will be difficult due to fitment issues.
Try using the search option on this forum and it will give you alot of the information you are looking for. Another option is to try www.hondaswap.com. There is a lot of useful information on there also
do widzenia
Old 12-28-2004, 12:10 PM
nitro20

Default re

Thx very much for your reply, it helped me a lot ;]
Old 12-28-2004, 12:27 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Your English is good enough in my opinion.
It's hard for us to remember that people in other countries don't understand our slang and short cuts, so we don't mean to be hard to understand.
It's really cool that you're doing this despite the obstacles you have with available parts.
I hope you get everything you need and ask any questions you can think of.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by sleepersol
dzien dobre. I will be flying in to krakow on the 8th. I will try to answer some of your questions
1.Yes all of these engines should fit into your car. some may take more work than others but it can be done
2.The b16 and b18 are going to be the easies because they won't need as many other parts as the h22 will.
3.I have the mounts from hasport and I am very pleased. There are places on ebay that sell kits for cheaper but I do not know how they fit nor the quality of the materials. I would suggest saving up the money and getting the better quality kit.
4.I love the turque that my h22 sol has but if I had to do it over I would have gone with the b series. It adds another 50-100 pounds to the front of a front heavy car. There are also a lot of other things that are necessary to change out when you do this swap.
5.don't know a ton about suspension or brakes
6.for the b series swap you shouldn't have to get anything else. Most of the linkage and cables match up. You will need a new wire harness though unless you wanted to try to cut and rewire it yourself. You should be able to keep P/S
7.You will need a lot of other parts. '90-'93 integra axles, '90-'93 accord halfshaft, accord resistor pack, '92-'96 prelude shift linkage among other stuff. You can keep P/S but it will be difficult due to fitment issues.
Try using the search option on this forum and it will give you alot of the information you are looking for. Another option is to try www.hondaswap.com. There is a lot of useful information on there also
do widzenia
you do not need to cut or rewire anything on the stock harness for the B swap...you only have to add a few wires to the harness. The rest clips in, clip for clip. You can use the stock 94+ mounts for any B series swap, but you will need a rear tranny bracket from the same car, your civic one will not work.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:41 PM
sleepersol

Originally Posted by b16LeiaEGcivic
you do not need to cut or rewire anything on the stock harness for the B swap...you only have to add a few wires to the harness. The rest clips in, clip for clip. You can use the stock 94+ mounts for any B series swap, but you will need a rear tranny bracket from the same car, your civic one will not work.
Thats what I meant. It should be the same as a d15 swap right.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:51 AM
nitro20

Default re

Thx Guys for help i will ask in the future for sure. I've called today to company that brings engines in to Poland mainly from west europe. I've asked the man in this comp. about swap in to b16a2 and b18. He said that whole swap (engine and the whole rest) in to b16a2 would cost about in dollars 2k. And he said that it's very difficult to find b18c from integra. But he said that he can find a 1.8. liter engine from some civic VTI ver. http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index...id=ok41qshnmys <--- it's from civ like on this page. It has 169 Hp and the whole swap would cos about 4k$ and i think that4k it's tooooo much 2k for whole b16a2 it's ok but give 2k extra for only 9hp more i can get some turbo kit or sth like this for that money what do you think abou that ?? Oh can you also tell me do you have this versions of civic in US ?? i put more links to show you more this ones are shitty combi ver but they have the same front like this 5doors ver which i gave you before :
http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index...id=omvq34ot3ss

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index...id=nc424exn3fo
Old 12-29-2004, 10:14 AM
sleepersol

You would be better off with the b16 and a turbo kit. Wow I din't know honda made a wagon anymore. I love finding out stuff like that. So wish I understood german though
Old 12-29-2004, 10:42 AM
nitro20

Default re

PS: sleepersol what are you doing in Krakow ?? I'm empressed with Dzien Dobry and Dowidzenia.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:23 PM
sleepersol

Dziekuje. My girlfriend was born and raised in przemysl. We are going to visit her grandparents and the rest of her family. I have one of those teach yourself books with the cd to listen to. I'm so screwed though. At least she speaks it fluently