Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Jackson Racing Supercharger for LS/VTEC?

Old 12-11-2004, 12:21 PM
WojtekG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson Racing Supercharger for LS/VTEC?

My ride is LS/VTEC '94 teg (B18B block with B16A1 head) and I'm considering installation of Jackson Racing High Boost Supercharger. The problem is that I do not know which kit to choose, should it be the kit for '94 GSR?

Are there any additional modifications needed for installation of ths kit into my LS/VTEC? I hope someone had similar experience, so help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Multiple post...

You need one for a PR3 (B16A/B, B18C5/B18C Type R) head. It should mount as if you were installing one on a B18C5 (or whatever the Polish Integra Type R engine is coded) considering deck height and head type.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
hotcowboy76

I wouldnt do it guy. I was looking to that direction for a while but then I read this horror story about jackson racing and decided a turbo would be the better option.
jackson supercharger
**scroll down to see the story link, "jackson supercharger horror story"**
Old 12-18-2004, 11:53 AM
WojtekG

Originally Posted by hotcowboy76
I wouldnt do it guy. I was looking to that direction for a while but then I read this horror story about jackson racing and decided a turbo would be the better option.
jackson supercharger
**scroll down to see the story link, "jackson supercharger horror story"**
Thanks for info, but it seems that this article is pretty old (year 2000), so I wonder if anything changed in ways and style of support and customer relations at Jackson Racing (Moss Motors). I've heard so many good opinions about these supercharger so now I'm confused.

Maybe someone else had some experience with reliability of JRS?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:27 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Anytime i see someone asking about the JRSC someone links that story any product isnt going to be 100% customer rating. For that one "horror" story there are many many more happy customers I have known of three of my friens with D and B series to run this kit and have had no problems. They also run at the set factory psi because just like a turbo you push the boost up you will raise temp and the JRSC has no provisions for a IC unless you want to buy their water injection kit. Stay at normal boost levels and it will be a great daily driver mod just what it was designed for you want something for the track or higher hp go turbo.