Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

So So Sad...

Old 12-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So So Sad...

Why on earth is this place so DEAD! :rant:
Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Nobody sticks around anymore? A few years ago we had a good loyal community of about 5-10 people who hung out here and were very knowledgeable and we were growing. Then we had a few crashes that shut the site down for weeks and even months and most of those guys stopped coming back. After the one big crash, we swtiched servers/hosts or something and all the archives and old threads were deleted. I had a folder of bookmarks with threads explaining everything from pre-OBD to OBD I wiring to changing tranny fluid and they no longer worked. I kept posting in the mods corner to try to get the archives restored but everybody just ignored me and the place just hasnt' been the same ever since. A lot of us have sold our hybrids anyway (both me and Bumnah, the other moderator have at least) and moved onto new projects. Just the way it goes I guess.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

ehh.. i guess it's the way it goes.. but it kinda sux! all the hybrid stuff usually sticks around in the Civic Forum & nobody seems to care much.. oh well..

it's just nice to know that if u'r goin somewhere to look for info, u know the hybrid guys are going to look at it.. & i wish that they were visiting this area more regularly.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, 8it's really spread to the respective cars' forums, aswell as engine tech as of late
Old 12-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Everybody here tried to help as much as they can, there's just not a lot of us left.

Old 12-13-2004, 04:46 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Running925
Why on earth is this place so DEAD! :rant:
...because you touch yourself at night. :chuckles:

It's true, a lot of the traffic that could be here is posted in the tech sections of the specific cars. That makes sense though.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:50 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Kai
...because you touch yourself at night. :chuckles:
ahhh.. i now i understand! LOL haha

Originally Posted by Kai
It's true, a lot of the traffic that could be here is posted in the tech sections of the specific cars. That makes sense though.
Just wish there was more action in here!
Old 12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I think the whole hybrid thing is also starting to slow down. In reality they no long produce EG or EK chasiss or any new B-series engines. You can do EP (I think that's the new Civic chassis code) swaps with K-series engines but it's far more complicated, at least compared to the relatively bolt in B-series swaps. Honda's popularity is also starting to wane in the popular tuning market as it's new products really can't complete against the WRX/STi, Evo or SRT Neon. Combine that with the fact that most of the guys who really got into the import scene when it was really starting have either finished college or found good jobs now and can afford nicer, faster and more expensive cars. A 12 second Civic is cool and fast but it's still a Civic that's going to be rough and loud and as Bumnah always says, it might be a finely polished turd, but it's still a turd. People grow up and tastes change, just the way it is.

I do miss the community we used to have here though. There's lots of internet smart people around who've read the forums and the FAQ's and whatnot and learn a lot from them and are very helpful but there's things you only really learn when from the experience and actually doing a swap that you can't get from reading. Plus, all the old crew in here were real good guys too.