Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

project ol school/new school Ludeness

Old 12-05-2004, 11:34 AM
mikemerc85
Git-R-Done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project ol school/new school Ludeness

alright guys... after some careful researching and money issues the h22 motor is def goin in my car. Im saving to buy the engine package(Engine, tranny, ecu, axles, wire harness etc...). My dad and I are doing all the work. What else do u guys think i need. I know he told me new struts, engine mounts, springs...but what else? The project will start in 6 weeks and hopefully will be complete before summer. Also i decided on getting Rota Slipstreams 16" on falken azenis....more to come in the future................
Old 12-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

What car is this going into?
Old 12-05-2004, 12:38 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4ws.. gotta be a 3rd gen.. dude.. dont waste your time, you will make your head spin
Old 12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by mikemerc85
What else do u guys think i need.
A cable shifter assembly from a 90+ Accord or 92+ Prelude, a 92-95 Prelude factory service manual, an 88-91 Prelude factory service manual, figure out some way to get the axles to fit, and a lot of free time.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
sleepersol

Originally Posted by DRfrank
4ws.. gotta be a 3rd gen.. dude.. dont waste your time, you will make your head spin
Could also be a 4th gen. The 92 and 93 were made with very limited production in an electronic 4WS system that they still used in the 5th gens over in europe. If its a 4th gen swap its a piece of cake. A third gen is somewhat more difficult but I can't imagine that it would be anymore difficult than doing a h-series swap into a 5th or 6th gen civic. It is a b series motor coming out of there.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:28 PM
BoostedITR41

Originally Posted by sleepersol
Could also be a 4th gen. The 92 and 93 were made with very limited production in an electronic 4WS system that they still used in the 5th gens over in europe. If its a 4th gen swap its a piece of cake. A third gen is somewhat more difficult but I can't imagine that it would be anymore difficult than doing a h-series swap into a 5th or 6th gen civic. It is a b series motor coming out of there.

yes but those old ludes are the junkyard B series motors. they don't fit in anything. you are goin to need customs axles for sure
Old 12-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I can't imagine that it would be anymore difficult than doing a h-series swap into a 5th or 6th gen civic.
There is plenty of aftermarket support for a late model Civic. There is zero support for an old Prelude.
It is a b series motor coming out of there.
B series in code, but not B series in design relitive to all the others. Any other B series is far from a "bolt in" affair.