Notices

New guy needs advice - TIA

Old 11-29-2004, 08:57 PM
kellog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy needs advice - TIA

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a '95 Integra LS Coupe with a 1.8 and automatic. Its got 118 K miles. Local mini dealer is asking $5,000. I dig the car's lines and I want the auto for traffic. I know most of you are in for performance - but if you could ...

What do you think of the 1.8 engine? I'm not racing, but I dig Twins.

Are these cars expensive to maintain (vs.) like, a Civic EX? Do the engines flake out and need $$$ to keep going? I'd do belts and pump right away.

What are the easiest mods for better handling?

Do these automatic trans hold up?

Help with any of these would really be appreciated, Thanks!

kellog
Old 11-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The automatic will hold you back from modifying it too radically. A few bolt ons like intake, exhaust, and header will be good.

Price sounds a little high for a 95 LS with the mileage.

In terms of maintenence, I do it all myself because most shops won't touch my car because of the turbo, so I recommend that to anyone to save $$$. Repair costs aren't too bad and honda engines are built really well. That integra will most likely last you to 200k+ if it were maintained well.

I love my little 1.8L. It packs a pretty good punch and with modification, it has sky-high potential.

Better handling can be acheived with lowering, better struts, better tires, tie-bars, and sway bars. I have a Comptech ITR swaybar on mine and it handles like a dream. Firstly, I would invest in some performance tires. You will feel the difference.

I had to look for my car for over 6 months to find a good deal. I would keep looking, because there are cheaper tegs out there with lower mileage. Be patient and you will find a good deal.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 PM
kellog

Thanks for a great re: Shmoo! And sorry about the post all - I just wanted answers too fast, you know. Yeah, you are right, I'll look some more. My heart just skipped a beat when I saw a clean Twin Cam. Drove a Lotus Elan when I was a kid - God, I love 'em!

kellog
Old 11-30-2004, 02:08 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

no do not buy that car. 95 ls with 120k miles + auto for $5,000.

i almost bought a 94 ls with 123k miles for 3,900 but i wanted 3,200 and i didn't get my price. don't get that car unless it's 3,500. keep searching for a sexy integra .

if you want E-mail me. i shop all the time for hondas/acuras, it's my hobbey... (kinda weird) but i just find good prices for cars and try to get one of my friends or family to buy it. of course... you need to be in the San diego area...

my aunt bought a car i found for her, 00 bone stock ls, 50,000 miles, orin owner(some old lady), clean title for $9,000. stick shift, pretty damm good aye?

my car took 4months to find. get Carfax, saves you tons of time.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:18 AM
kellog

Thanks for your advice Bro - you're on. Heck, (hope the mods don't squash me) I'll give you a commission! You guys are great.

kellog
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 AM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

Mom bought me a 2001 auto/ 2 days later i regrated to drive it... end up swapped an ITR motor in.. lol i have sunroof~
Old 11-30-2004, 12:01 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

i just bought a 01 GS 50,000 miles for 9,500....but its manual...im sure you can find a better deal for the price and mileage that u just saw
Old 11-30-2004, 03:45 PM
1jz gte_ jza70
rhd the only way to be!!!

price is way high for a 95 ls auto id look some more before you buy, and an auto would be fine if your not looking at going extreamly fast. though its pretty easy to go 100+mph not saying that I have *cough* *cough*
Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Welcome to HAN, btw. :cheers:

When properly maintained, the motors run for eternity.
You'll love the handling and balance of the car.
I'm a purist, hence the manual transmission..but the 4spd autos are robust.
Again, the key to a long lasting car is keeping up on maintenance.

Being conservative, the Timing belt ought to be replaced every 95,000 miles or six years. All B-series motors are of an "interference design". This means that if the belt snaps while the motor is running, pistons will hit valves...and you don't want that.

Of the three cars I've owned, my DC4 has been the lowest per mile cost, and easily one of the best FWD cars I've ever driven.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 PM
ls_101
integra fs

buy this one ebay item # 4508748483