Notices

Stock Radio Help..

Old 11-27-2004, 02:09 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Radio Help..

i know i posted this in audio and security once...but its been there a couple days tons of views and no help...so here guys have fun ive installed about 100 cd players in various cars trucks vans...but for the life of me i cant figure out how in the hell to take out the stock cd player in my 01 integra GS...i figured that the little storage compartment underneath the radio would just slide out so i could reach any bolts/nuts that were holding in the cd player....but that damned thing doesnt just slide out like most cars..and i dont want to break any clips that are holding it in...any help/pics would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I know there are two little bolts in the back that can only be reached using little asian hands. Once you get those out, it should slide out of there.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:56 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

ty much thats my sunday afternoon project for this week
Old 11-27-2004, 07:22 PM
sstearns2

I'm planning on a new radio soon to upgrade to XM. Are the stock speakers of good quality or should I plan on new speakers too? I'm not an audiophile, just wondering what the consensus is. They sounds OK to me, but I don't have anything to compare them too.

Good luck with the screws.

Scott
Old 11-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I like the stock speakers and they can take a good amount of thumping. Upgrade them if you want.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

the stock speakers in my 01 teg gs are the paper ones....i hate the paper ones..i figured being a 6 speaker car with a cd player it would of had better speakers but i was looking at them the other day...paper cones...ick
Old 11-28-2004, 09:12 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

well that was a failed mission..i figured out what you were talking about...but i only saw 1 solitary screw holding the ass-end of the radio in place...and your right...you need tiny hands and even smaller tools to get back there..i think i can wait until my next paycheck and just buy an nice cd head unit and have someone else bitch about that screw
Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 AM
VPUPPY

if you have a small wratchet(with an 8mm socket), go ahead and unscrew the ashtray/cigarette lighter assembly by removing ashtray and unscrewing the two philips head screws on the extreme left and right. there is one in the middle but do not remove that one. once the screws are gone, remove the assembly by pulling on it and it will unclip. remove all electrical connectors. once you do this you can look in and up and see the screws on the radio. you can use a socket to loosen the screw. the screw only needs to be loose cuz it is a slotted hole for the screw. its an akward way of doing it but it works fine. a stubby screw driver may be able to do this also. hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

yeah i got that far unfortuneatley i dont own any tools short enough to get to that screw but thanx for the help
Old 11-28-2004, 11:00 PM
kidM0UA

You're going to pay some one to get those 2 screws out?

Daymn, only if you were near me, I'll get them out for you for a ice cold can of pepsi.