Notices

just installed my new Radiator but one quick question

Old 11-27-2004, 10:34 AM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed my new Radiator but one quick question

i just installed a new rad in my friend's 94 teg.
anyways, what's the difference between the 2 fans?
i know one suppose to be an AC fan and the other one is for the rad fan, correct?

anyways so the small fan (driver side) would turn on if i turn on the ac, so guess that works so i shut it off. then i waited for another few mins then still only the small fan turns on.. so what's up with the big fan (passenger side)? someone told me that's a secondary fan which only turns on when the engine is too hot is that true? the teg isn't plated so i can't drive around to test it.. the only thing i could do is rev the engine to 3k and let it run for like 10 mins.. all i saw was the small fan..
can someone help me or answer my question plz? i just want to make the big fan turns to see if it works thats all..

thank you
Old 11-27-2004, 11:04 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Yeah I think it only turns on for additional cooling, like if you idle for a while it will turn on.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

odd, when i run my A/C both fans start running.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:24 AM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

Originally Posted by LT69Padawan6
odd, when i run my A/C both fans start running.
yeah that's werid huh~~ i installed a 99 ITR rad in a 94 teg.. from my knowledge there shouldn't be anything different unless i am wrong. Am i?
um... i dont' recall when the engine was cold(99 ITR) but i know for sure when it was hot my both fans turned..

i hope someone on this board can help me..
Old 11-28-2004, 07:10 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

check the relays, electrical test
Old 11-30-2004, 04:05 AM
PlastikOwl

The fan on the passenger side is the radiator fan. The smaller fan is just a supplement for when you turn on the A/C while idling. The larger fan will take a good 15-20 minutes to turn on after flushing the coolant system. The car has to be completely warmed up for it to turn on.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:57 AM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

funny thing.. my friend told me the big one is the 2ndary fan which only turns on when the engine reach to a certain temp.
car isn't reg. so can't go on the road to test it and the street is too short to test drive either. i let car idel at 4k for 5 mins, temp stays the same as normal and still only the small fan (AC fan) turns.. werid huh? i guess the only way to find out is to take it on the high way, floor it and see..
the rad was off a 99 ITR installed to 94 SE i hope that's not going to be the cause of it.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
integravtec96

Both my fans come on when i turn on the a/c on my 96 GSR and to my knowledge both come on when the engine gets hot..hmm
Old 12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Since I removed my AC I have taken the fan next to where the AC compressor and PS pump were and am running just the larger fan next to the intake. I never hear it on but my car never gets more than 1/2 way hot even in the summer in traffic.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:54 PM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Since I removed my AC I have taken the fan next to where the AC compressor and PS pump were and am running just the larger fan next to the intake. I never hear it on but my car never gets more than 1/2 way hot even in the summer in traffic.
that's really werid.. my friend insured his car and starting driving on road again.. i drove it last time and noticed his temp was droping while on the free way... do you guys think that his thermostate has something to do, like with the fan switch or something? coz so far.. only still see the little fan runs.. i never seen the big fan turn on yet.. damn it..
it's -10C + snowing outside.. i really don't think i want to go out and check the wiring.. but at least i did check the plugs and they are fine.
anything else i should do? what about the fuse? is there only one fuse for the fans or it's separted???

please help me out guys~