Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18A1 CRX swap

Old 11-27-2004, 10:14 AM
acuraattackura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18A1 CRX swap HElp

there are all these pages on B16 or B20 or even the B18C1 but none on the B18A1 (atleast that i have found) that can give a complete info on how to swap them out witha 89 crx si. so hopfully one of yall out there can help me out such as can i use the old axles or do i need custom axles if i use the old ones what will i need will the axle hubs work or do i need the upper and lowewr control arms or do the tranny mounts fit or can i use the single, i know the engine needs a different one but thats about it all suggestions will help and will the motor fit with the stock hood.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:39 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MODS: this is posted here and in the hybrid area
FOR ALL REPLYS GOTO THIS LINK:
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=165992
Old 11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally Posted by DRfrank
MODS: this is posted here and in the hybrid area
FOR ALL REPLYS GOTO THIS LINK:
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=165992
Who the hell are you, and what makes you think you call the shots?

Swapping a B18a in follows all the same steps and parts list as any of the other engines, minus wiring for VTEC. If you found instructions for the B20, then you're already set, same parts list.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:20 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by 1stGenCRXer
Who the hell are you, and what makes you think you call the shots?
whats your problem man, this is a multiple post. now we have 2 discussions about the same thing going on, i was just trying to get the mod's attention that this is a multiple post and to move it or redirect it, jeeze

Swapping a B18a in follows all the same steps and parts list as any of the other engines, minus wiring for VTEC. If you found instructions for the B20, then you're already set, same parts list.
you proved my point by not following the link like i tried to get across, i already told him that.

AGAIN: PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE FIRST REPLY TO POST REPLIES

:: not to sound mean or like an ass but right from the tos
"Please do not make the same thread or the same post in multiple forums without getting approval ahead of time. "
Old 11-27-2004, 08:53 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally Posted by DRfrank
whats your problem man, this is a multiple post. now we have 2 discussions about the same thing going on, i was just trying to get the mod's attention that this is a multiple post and to move it or redirect it, jeeze
I am the mod. This forum typically gets more traffic and is more "friendly" to noobs than the hybrid forum that gets the same "how do I wire up XYZ into my ABC" all the freakin' time, which is a searchable question.
you proved my point by not following the link like i tried to get across, i already told him that.
For tech questions, posting here and hybrid is done, and usually without incident. The tos rule you quoted:
but right from the tos
"Please do not make the same thread or the same post in multiple forums without getting approval ahead of time. "
was designed to stop spammers, not guys unsure of who might better answer their question. If you want to quote rules, maybe you should take a peep at these, which were in place here long before you: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519
:: not to sound mean or like an ass
AGAIN: PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE FIRST REPLY TO POST REPLIES
and again, I'm a mod, and I'm telling you to quit trying to run my forum. Post answers, ask questions, but don't try to sound authoritative when you have no authority.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:32 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

sorry about this man, today i just slipt my wig at some stuff on here, i guess i kinda do wnat to have a little control of the boards, i really didnt mean to get anyone pissed off or undermine any authority.

I really only thought that 2 posts within an hour of each other in different areas was a little too much, but i guess he was just wanting to get started. I answered his question in the other forum and didnt want to see any disscussion started in both when there was one going on in the other, then there becomes alot of "i heard this" blah blah blah when it could have been on all one thread

again, sorry

i didnt know you were the mod until a little later, after i thought you were just flaming me for trying to keep it one thread (so i turned the the tos hoping that it would help me regain some sanity in my desicsion to post here and in another thread directly to the mod[s])

man i feel like a jerk tho now cause i was a little high on the horse today
Old 11-27-2004, 09:35 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Here's a little insight as well:

I tend to let double posts in here and hybrid ride because there's usually a different mindset as well.

In my experience, Hybrid guys like to swap things around to suit their needs, we like to build up for our needs.

Also, there is an easy way to check and see who the mods in each forum are