Notices

One high beam dim

Old 11-23-2004, 07:57 AM
2_hip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One high beam dim

On my 98 Integra, I have a high beam that only glows but doesn't shine brightly. The other works just fine. Each high beam has its own fuse. The high beams double as the daytime running lights and they light up just fine. I have changed the bulb twice and checked the fuses. No change. In addition, the blue high beam indicator light on the dash does not come on (Are the two related?). Any ideas what I should check next (a ground?)?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:03 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you touched the glass part of the bulb and the oils on your hands might have cause some kind of misfunction. i touched one of my bulbs that i put in my headlights and the one that i touched is dimmer than the one that i didnt touch. that might be your problem :dunno:
Old 11-23-2004, 03:35 PM
bobsmith
'95 GSR Original Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debugging Headlights

If you haven't already done so, you could try this:

Switch the two high beam bulbs, and see the bulb is still dim in the other socket. If so, it's the bulb; if not, it's obviously something in the electrical circuit.

If the bulb checks out ok after the switch, you could check carefully for corrosion on the contacts of the dim socket. Corrosion could affect the current flow, reducing the brightness of any bulb placed into that socket.

The highbeam indicator may not be lighting because of the reduced current flow -- it might appear to the electrical system as a burnt-out bulb -- it depends on the wiring in a 98, with which I'm not intimately acquainted.

Good luck, electrical problems are the worst!