Notices

stock speakers in 01

Old 11-21-2004, 10:18 AM
anfmanusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock speakers in 01

hey all, i have a totaly stock setup in an 01 ls, i dont really care to upgrade my sound system but when listening to anything that has continous bass my front speakers distort quite a bit... i still have a factory warrenty and was wondering if this was normal for the stock speakers or is there a problem with them and if so i will get them fixed.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

My front right speaker is blown, but it's a 96. Actually it has been showing signs of it for a while, but I didn't care. Norcal DC4 suggested I just get aftermarket speakers anyway. He might have better input though
Old 11-21-2004, 11:17 AM
anfmanusa

yeah, i have been thinking they may be blown, but i wasnt for sure b/c they dont really sound bad untill you listen to certain bass heavy music, i have already gone to acura and the first time i think they put some filler in the door to cause less vibration.. i have been looking into possibly changing out those two speakers but nothing else in the car. i only drive it about 2 hours a week when i come home on the weekends from school. any suggestions for new speakers?

Thanks