Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

clutch to the floor...

Old 11-16-2004, 12:35 PM
dharknett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch to the floor...

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me figure out what is up with my clutch...I left my car parked outside the other night in real cold weather and when I woke up, the clutch was different.

I have to push it all the way down to the floor just to get the shifter into first gear, and it is also engaging very close to the floor. Also, after I step on the clutch to shift, it will remain partially down for a few seconds, and then "pop" up back to the unpressed position.

The car is a '94 Integra...the clutch doesn't seem to be slipping at all, and I haven't ever had a problem like this before.

Does this sound like a slave or master problem?

I've never worked with my slave cylinder at all, and I'm not too familiar with the adjustments...so any help would be great.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
ReVenGe

sticky clutch cable?
Old 11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Originally Posted by ReVenGe
sticky clutch cable?
its a 94 it has a hydrolic tranny not a cable. Try Bleeding your clutch that might do something
Old 11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

i had to replace the slave cylinder on my 1st gen prelude back in the day, and granted it was a CVCC engine... But it was damn easy. And after that I could loosen or thighten the clutch anytime I wanted to. This chick I knew had a first gen civic and I was constantly changing her set up too....:reechy:
It never seemed to have any adverse affects either.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Could be the master cylinder or even worse, the clutch itself is worn and needs replacement. I would bleed the clutch lines first, then check for leaks at the master and slave cylinders (replace if necessary), then if no luck, get the clutch replaced.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
luky1380

check wich one is leaking u can do it just take the ruber boot out and see if it wet,
if it is just change it no abjustments needed with new slave but with master u can abjust your clutch on the pedal just loose 12mm nut twist the shaft one or another way and better replace both of them at same time because if u relace only one different pressure betven old one and new one may cause leak the one u didnot replace i had expirience
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM
ninjaboy740

Default Resolution?

Originally Posted by dharknett
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me figure out what is up with my clutch...I left my car parked outside the other night in real cold weather and when I woke up, the clutch was different.

I have to push it all the way down to the floor just to get the shifter into first gear, and it is also engaging very close to the floor. Also, after I step on the clutch to shift, it will remain partially down for a few seconds, and then "pop" up back to the unpressed position.

The car is a '94 Integra...the clutch doesn't seem to be slipping at all, and I haven't ever had a problem like this before.

Does this sound like a slave or master problem?

I've never worked with my slave cylinder at all, and I'm not too familiar with the adjustments...so any help would be great.
Hey man I was just wondering if you ever got this worked out? I'm having the exact same problem right now with my 95 GSR.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
delsol161

i had that problem w/ my del sol. check your clutch fluid. my slave AND master clutch cylinders were leaking, so the lines got air in them and i lost clutch pressure. i replaced the slave, filled the reservoir, and bled the system. filled it again, and bled it again. you should start to get some stiffness back. good luck.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
topnatchteg

Default lol same here clutch problem with integra

Ya For Some Reason Everyone I Know That Has Over 130 Xxx Miles On Their Civic Ow Tegra, Etc Is Havin Problems With Their Clutch Anyway Same Here Had A Problem With My 91 Integra Gs The Clutch Just Died One Day When I Left It Out In Da Cold Iono If Dats Da Reason But It Was The Only Time I Left It Out Becasue My Garage Was Broken Well Anyway Had It Replaced Becasue I Didnt Have The Time To Do It My Self And I Noticed Right Away That The Pedle Felt Like Crap For A New Clutch It Felt Worse Then The Stock One Did With Hella Milage On It So It Was Buggin Me For A While Then After Doing All The Bleeding Of The Lines And All That Good Stuff It Was Still Feeling Although Better Not How It Should Be So Then I Tryed Doing A Clutch Adjusment On It Helped A Little More But Still Wasnt Quiet Thier Finaly The Mechanice That Put My Clutch In Offered Me A Solution To My Problem He Says Hes Sure That All That Didnt Work That If He Replaced The Stock Clutch Spring On The Clutch Pedal Id Get The Feeling In The Clutch Back Sure Anough I Was Desperate So I Had Him Take Out The Stock Clutch Spring And Install A New Heavy Duty One I Was Kinda Mad At First Cuz It Kept Squeeking But After Some Wd-40 All Over The Clutch Pedel And New Spring Worked Like A Charm Although I Got The Feeling Of A Strong Clutch For Some Reason It Still Grinds Sometimes Iono But The Feeling Is Their Thanks To The Spring

Iono If Thats How Ur Sapposed To Approch This Problem But Hey Kant Argue With Resualts Ow And The Mechanic Is Comein Ova Dis Weekend Again To Try And Fix The Grindin Issue He Thinks It Might Be The Pressure Plate I Have No Clue...?????

Ight Then Iono If Dis Help But Well See????

Late
Old 08-07-2005, 10:17 AM
4drman
Takes more than patience.

get ur clutch switch checked of course.