Notices

breaking in the turbo

Old 11-16-2004, 12:24 PM
nextphase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breaking in the turbo

hey i just got done with my turbo but i had problems with the injectors dat came with da greddy kit... it doesnt fit.. do u know why... im waiting fer them to send me other ones well... anyways i want to break in my turbo so i dont really wanna punch it past 3k rpm ... what do you guys think? what is the highest i can go to be safe.. everything under 3k is hellla slow!! it usually takes me 5 mins to get to skoo now it takes like 15 haha
Old 11-16-2004, 12:24 PM
nextphase

the injectors were the rc 310's but its doesnt fit...???
Old 11-16-2004, 12:47 PM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by nextphase
hey i just got done with my turbo but i had problems with the injectors dat came with da greddy kit... it doesnt fit.. do u know why... im waiting fer them to send me other ones well... anyways i want to break in my turbo so i dont really wanna punch it past 3k rpm ... what do you guys think? what is the highest i can go to be safe.. everything under 3k is hellla slow!! it usually takes me 5 mins to get to skoo now it takes like 15 haha
Maybe you should spend a little more time at "skoo" and learn to spell. Just kidding. What injectors are they sending you now?
Old 11-16-2004, 12:58 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nextphase
:eek3: wow that was hard to read. Anyhow, I did a google search and didn't see anything about breaking in a turbo. :dunno:
Old 11-16-2004, 01:16 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
:eek3: wow that was hard to read. Anyhow, I did a google search and didn't see anything about breaking in a turbo. :dunno:
:werd:

Grammar > you.

You don't need to break in a turbo, they are good to go from the start as long as they have oil in them. The injectors should fit no problem, try again.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
XSrcing

pull the fuel pump fuse, crank the engine for 10-15 seconds to prime the turbo, and your good to go.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It is recommended that you take it easy on the turbo for the first 300 miles...just to be safe. Easy would be shifting at 4k, modest throttle increases, no hard boosting. As for the injectors, did you use the harnesses that came with them? I have the same kit and mine fit fine.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 AM
worm696

take it easy?... on a turbo? who ever heard of such a thing. thats jibberish. slam that sucker to the ground, see what shes got, and pray your remembered the oil.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:31 AM
newgsrdriver

Prime the turbo as XSRcing reccommended if you want to do things properly. If you really want to be anal, do it with the return line unhooked and sitting in a pan to ensure the lines are flowing freely. When oil starts coming out of the return, hook it back up and youre ready to rock.