Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Raced a stock teg tonight please red this and give me some ideas

Old 11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
j87w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a stock teg tonight please red this and give me some ideas

Alright tonight I raced my buddy in his 98 stock 2DR LS. Their is NO interior except the dash and the seats. Everything else is gutted. It has 122k miles with a autozone style filter on the stock intake tube and custom type exhaust. I have a 95 Ls 2DR with A AEM cold air, DC sports 4-1 header, trust cat back exhaust, no cat, fidanza aluminum flywheel and a exedy stage 1 clutch. I have full interior. I usually beat him by a good car or two. Then I put my new clutch and flywheel in and lowered my tire pressure and launched at 3500 instead of my usual 4500 and I sat there spinning hitting rev limiter then I shift and it just bogs down. Any ideas what I could do to get traction. He beat me once and I got him once. He kills me off the line his car dosent spin and he launches at 4000. What could I do to get traction. I have fairly new tires(nitto 450s) and their stock size on stock 98 up gsr wheels. I had a bunch of crap in my car for extra weight. But should it make that big of a deal. Once I get traction I pull on him pretty good but not enough to catch him. I just need some ideas how to get traction. Thanks alot. Sorry for the long story.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:35 PM
HavocR

learn to launch buddy
Old 11-09-2004, 11:47 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Take it to the track. Please.

Moved to Drag Strip Forum.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-10-2004, 06:33 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume this was at a sanctioned track, correct?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:57 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I agree, keep it on the track if you were not on one already. In my opinion, if your not doing this on the track your not legit and don't deserve to be called an enthusiast. Anyways, you do need to learn how to launch, lowering the tire pressure does not help much on a street tire, unless it is a street slick that you won't find on a fwd rolling around the neighborhood. Your launch should be brief off the line 3-3500k tops, revving it and spinning to redline then hitting 2nd bogs you down because the clutch still has not grabbed anything and when it did you were at the bottom of second gear from where 1st gear was since you never grabbed. When you launch you have to stick it as soon as it grabs at your launch rev, it takes practice (at the track) so good luck.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:55 PM
j87w

Alright fine that one race wasent at a track. But the local track just closed last weekened and I wanted to see how much they helped out my car. Cause we always race. Anyways should I launch higher at like 6K or lower 3k? Without my clutch or flywheel I could launch and 4500 and it would grip pretty good. I never go through the water pit though. Now I launch at 3500 and 3000 and it just tags out rev limiter just spinning. My buddy said its cause of the flywheel. So where should I launch at? What should I do to catch traction? Thanks for your help guys.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by HavocR
learn to launch buddy
Old 11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by lord_wcs
I assume this was at a sanctioned track, correct?
I hate street racers. They give the rest of us a bad name!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 AM
brothalynchhung

Originally Posted by centerforce99
I agree, keep it on the track if you were not on one already. In my opinion, if your not doing this on the track your not legit and don't deserve to be called an enthusiast. Anyways, you do need to learn how to launch, lowering the tire pressure does not help much on a street tire, unless it is a street slick that you won't find on a fwd rolling around the neighborhood. Your launch should be brief off the line 3-3500k tops, revving it and spinning to redline then hitting 2nd bogs you down because the clutch still has not grabbed anything and when it did you were at the bottom of second gear from where 1st gear was since you never grabbed. When you launch you have to stick it as soon as it grabs at your launch rev, it takes practice (at the track) so good luck.
This is rediculous who are you to say he should race on the street we drive street legal fast cars to drive fast on the street yes once in a while we all hit up the track but not every time i wanna smoke some fool, i mean come on u see some guy with a tight car wanting to race and your like nah im a wuss , but ill see you at the track, I have a '00 turbo B18C5 w/ zex computer controled nitrous injection, u think i spent all that money on my street legal car to drive 50 miles to the track like a squid? Leave the kid alone and just give him tips on how not to just dump the clutch at 4g insted of lecturing him about "sanctioned tracks"... Thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 06:16 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brothalynchhung
This is rediculous who are you to say he should race on the street we drive street legal fast cars to drive fast on the street yes once in a while we all hit up the track but not every time i wanna smoke some fool, i mean come on u see some guy with a tight car wanting to race and your like nah im a wuss , but ill see you at the track, I have a '00 turbo B18C5 w/ zex computer controled nitrous injection, u think i spent all that money on my street legal car to drive 50 miles to the track like a squid? Leave the kid alone and just give him tips on how not to just dump the clutch at 4g insted of lecturing him about "sanctioned tracks"... Thanks
Because HAN does not allow the posting and sanctioning of street racing. Take a look at the TOS sometime.

I won't HELP him learn to launch his car if he's just going to use it illegally. That's like teaching someone to fire a weapon just so they can go kill someone (in a very extreme comparison). Keep the racing on the track, people.