Notices

Stupid question about spark and air filter...

Old 11-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question about spark and air filter...

Ok,going over all the bs in my car,ordered some NGK iridiums the other day,just put em in tonight...had bosch platinums in it before,took a picture,they were only in for maybe 5 months....do they look normal,or is it too rich/lean?Anything on them you can see that could tell you somthing is wrong?
Also,i got an air filter,supposed to be decent,took it off to clean it tonight,noticed there isnt much FILTER to this filter...small piece of cloth around middle inner cone part,and the rest of it is just really fine mesh....is this a bad thing?is nasty stuff getting into my motor?

Posted pics of both.

Also,if the filter turns out to be crap,is K&N actually worth getting?

Damn,the thread that just wont stop.
What K&N filter would fit inside my stock airbox?Looking to do a icebox,and need to know what would fit well,maybe get a part number even...

Let me know,all opinions appreciated...

Oh,and damn,those NGK spark plugs,they come pre-gapped right?doesnt say so on the box,but the tip of the conductor on them looks kinda easily messed up,so i didnt even check...

Know i prolly sound like a dumb ass,but whatever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
untitled.JPG (101.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg
SparkPlugs.jpg (89.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-08-2004, 09:44 PM
noahrexion

THe plugs look like they are a bit hot/lean. Not to bad though. As long as peices arent missing and there arent and specles on them you are ok. Just make sure that basic maintenance (fuel wise) is kept up.

As for the filter, K/N is definetly worth it if you plan on keeping it. They are the best hands down. Gap the plugs to .044" and you are all gravy my man.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The plugs look fine except for cylinder 3. It looks like some oil soaked into the threads. I would replace the spark plug grommets and the valve gasket while you are at it.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

well,just had valves adjusted like 2 weeks ago,bought mechanic a valve cover gasket set,but not sure if it came with the spark plug seals...or if he put them on..
Old 11-08-2004, 10:37 PM
dubcac
I

I think they look a little white as well...might be running a tad lean. What is your ignition timing set at? You should be able to look up part #'s on K&N's site for drop in airbox filters.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Tobra

K&N is the king cat daddy dude. Will last as long as your car. Those iridium plugs should be pregapped, but check them anyway.