Notices

integra ???'s

Old 11-06-2004, 09:02 PM
pushnlacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra ???'s

hey what up?? i posted a while ago under the civic section but recently i test drove a 2001 integra sedan. it was just the base model without vtec but i like the way it drive and have been thinking id really dig a modded up integra sedan(mabey a coupe but i really dig the sedan)

i just have a few questions first of the engines in the integs are a good starting point right?? unlike the swaping when it comes to civics??? also i heard the b18c is a good engine to mod and turbo is it in any of the usdm integras??? also i heard that if you wanna turbo a honda engine you can go with a non vtec engine and it might actually be better off, is this true?? if so would a base model integra sedan be a good car to turbo and mod up to 325-350hp??? would it hold the power traction and axel wise if it is done right???

thanks i appreciate it i really would dig a bad ass integra but i was told with the civic a low-mid 12 secound street car isnt possible so i started looking else were but after driving an integ a low/mid 12 sec integ would be exactly what i want. thanks again
Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The B18 that are in integras are great engines to modify. B18b is a great turbo engine because of the low compression. B18c (GSR engine) is a great engine for all motor and can be turbo'd to a certain extent without problems. With the numbers you are looking for, you would need to swap lower compression pistons into the B18c among other internal parts. With the kind of power you desire, I hope your wallet is relatively fat and you understand what you are getting into with that kind of power. The more power you add to that car, the drivability and reliability become less and less.

In terms of modding a base model LS sedan, I would go with the coupe. Much lighter and they look better, IMO.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:48 AM
xfactor

no problem with the sedan...4 door sleeper ...but ya your gunna need an lsd if you wanna put that power to the pavement
Old 11-07-2004, 08:08 AM
carta79
Life after death

Go for a sedan, I have one and love it. The weight difference between the coupe and sedan is not much, also I think sedans look just as good.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Originally Posted by carta79
Go for a sedan, I have one and love it. The weight difference between the coupe and sedan is not much, also I think sedans look just as good.
:werd:
Old 11-07-2004, 09:34 AM
pushnlacs

yea that what im saying a integra sedan looks bad ass, better than the coupe imo. plus its only like 100 pounds heavier and id strip unecassery crap out of it anyway.so yea a 4 door sleeper, hell yea but that why id like at least 300 hp so either way depending on it the base model sedan or the gsr sedan are both good choices and have good engines in them already worth modding right?? also i just dont get why would 300hp be that hard to put down theres quite a few fwd cars that have 300hp????? do you think a 300-350hp integra sedan daily driver is a reasonable goal???

thanks i appreciate your help
Old 11-07-2004, 10:15 AM
pushnlacs

oh and dont any japan made areo kits for the integ sedan??? i dont want or like any of these cheap ass american made kits the are ugly and are all show but with j-spec areo kits they are just that areo kits and improve the areodynamics and weigh less and actually look good. so if you know of any j-spec areo kits for the integra sedan let me know about them and were i can see some pics. thanks oh and again in your opinions whitch model is best for 300+hp the ls base model sedan or gsr??? thanks again
Old 11-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Body kits = :down:

Put your money into something useful such as performance. A stock looking 4 door sedan with 350 hp is more badass than a fast and furious rice mobile.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:13 AM
pushnlacs

i would for sure put money into the engine first but once thats done id like to make it look even more like a straight up race car and a good areo kit will do that so i was just wondering if there are any j-spec areo kits for the sedan????
Old 11-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Tobra

You bet, they even had a Type R sedan over there. The integra sedan looks like a civic coupe of the same vintage, the rear window looks like almost a direct swap. I prefer my sedan to the coupe, not just for the sleeper effect either.