Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Honda Drag experiment

Old 09-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Lager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Drag experiment

Long time NHRA competitor and builder,been toying with the idea of building a Honda Drag car,, just for fun, On the cheap..Sponsorship might be available, but im leaning towards Not having one. They come at a high cost, for those that have one,, you know what I mean.. Concerning the car,, Im thinking light weight,, like the CRX,, motor/transmission--B16. Custom made intake and exhaust, power adder?? Nitrous,, Question is,, Whats the Max HP shot you have heard of on the B16 useing stock pistons and stock timing? Thanks in advance for any replies.. Just for fun,,IF this project turns out to BE fun,, Im considering RWD,, biggest problem I see is the shift linkage..
Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 PM
randbcustoms
all go no show racing

hello, i too was a domestic guy (78 camaro z-28 with a 468 and 2 stage fogger setup..8.48@147 in the 1/4)...as far as the motor in question ..100 horse with a 4 degree timing retard is all i would push it..in stock form. also as far as rwd goes.. you might want to look again.. the steering rack is as much if not mre of a problem..since you could make it automatic w/ a cable shift and not have the linkage
Old 09-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Lager

Thanks for responding Rand,, you ,obvoiusly are a pretty smart guy.. The shift linkage will defo be a problem,I thougnt of this right after I posted,, Thnaks for calling me out on this problem.. Congrats on your Camaros speed, dont have the cash to get that quick,, Best i could do was 78 Ford fairmont, 460 mild tune, 10.40 128 mph running SS class,, Is fun as a wheel stander, enough so to get me into Super Ford, Mustle Mustang and National Dragster magazines..Was thinking on how I could get a Honda to put on a show,, that where the fun is..
Old 10-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I've heard of them running 100, then they blow up.

Keep it 75 or under, assuming the fuel system is in perfect condition and you have something to tune it. B16A's are expensive to replace.

A CRX with the basics and a little giggle gas isn't too terribly fast, anyway. :dunno: