Notices

Help! 95 accord v6/ ran out of gas!

Old 08-21-2004, 10:11 PM
surfaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 95 accord v6/ ran out of gas!

Anyone out there with some advise?
2 weeks ago my 95 accord was real low on gas, then I parked on a steep downslope. Came back and couldn't get it to start without dying. I walked to a gas station, bought a plastic gas can and filled the tank w/2 gallons. Still wouldn't start.
Next morning I had it towed to a shop where it was on level ground. It started right away but everyday, intermitantly and at random times the engine would lose power just for a split second. Real quick little sputters not even long enough to drop the rpms visibly on the tach. Did I clog up the fuel filter or even worse mess up my fuel injectors? Please help anyone. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:49 PM
nizmugen

Well first of all its not good to be running that low on gas at any point...
Old 08-24-2004, 12:44 AM
AccordV6

i'm not sure i know the reasons for ur car..but it could be the Distributor or Idle AiR control that make ur engine not running smoothly.
btw, u should always pump ur gas about a quarter because sooner or later u would have to pump it up anway..by filling it early u won't have to worry and u can go any where far as u want w/o worrying about gas distance.
anyway, i have a 95 accord v6 too, can i ask u estimately about how many mile per gallon ur car can go? or how many mile for the whole filled up tank can go on city street? cuz i think my car has gas wasting problem
Old 08-24-2004, 04:30 AM
flyromeo3

Well I wouldnt recommend driving on E.
Dirt collects in the tank and eventually will travel through your fuel system.

Used to do that with my camry. I would drive that shit dry. E light will be on.
Eventually it ****'d up my fuel pump. I know cause I took it apart and had like little pebbles of dirt in there.